• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40 BILLION!! Oh. And a mid race update.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Okay. If you didn't know (and you should know) we are just shy of the half way point in a race that has boosted our production by.... a lot. Like six jumbo jets, 12 elephants and maybe 3 - 3.5 M&M's. (A Joke on how news and others like to report using measurements other than a real metric.)

Race details are here and also here. Other forums have race results too so feel free to look at the spots I linked and elsewhere as you please. If you can jump in for a few days and help out, we'd appreciate it. We are fighting for 2nd place. 1st place really brought thier "A" game but so too have the other teams if we want any glory at all. :comp:

On the world ffront for the team, the race has helped AnandTech show up on our threats list. They may drop off again after the race and while I like winning, I hope they can keep the production even after the race. Science for cures are always good. So beat us if you must AnandTech as long as the science is good. We also have a surprise challenger. Solinscription_CAREs. I don't know anything about these folks. They only just started about 4 days ago and already have 9,407,889,478 points. Looking more closely at this team and they seem to be mining some form of coin (as my best guess) with names like "FRvFn7oHfRHKshQHYUPYtV7svw7wTVuzMqWJWobrkXKz". Not sure what they're doing but they are definately doing something. 2,077 New and Active folders. All on the same day and around the same time. Who ever they are, Happy folding.

So back to the team world ranking. AnandTech will reach us in 4 years. Solinscription_CAREs in 2.6 years. That is, if all things remain the same. I AnandTech has a bump with members from other distributed projects shifting over to help them out. As such, they will not maintain all of this power for F@H. Solins already has a large drop in production but we don't know if that's part of a learning curve, a re-allocation of resources or what. Maybe they stay in it and maybe they are stress testing equipment.

We are still making headway against our friends at Hardware.no, NVIDIA and EVGA. 2.2 weeks to pass Hardware.no, 4.7 months for NVIDIA and 5.7 years for EVGA. This all stated, the race is making these numbers "fun". AnandTech and EVGA are both part of the race and like us, they have a surge of production for the remainder of the week ending Wednesday.

As a team, we have 4 new first time active folders. :welcome: to Cecil, AnonymouFarwalker2us, orion4565 and robert_scheel (@WhitehawkEQ 's buddy joining us for the race). Thank you for joining. I think two of you mistyped your user names. Looking at you @Farwalker2uand @orion456. ;) No worries. We're happy to have you. We are also sporting 58 active folders. A number that is about 30% increase (rough number). Very good. Very good indeed. The average ppd for active members is 14.8 million.

Top 31 are all earning 1 million ppd or more. Is that more than last week? I can't be bothered to look. I think this is a record.
Top 16 are all earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are all earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are all earning 50 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are all earning 60 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are both .... earning... <rubbing my eyes> .... ..... uh.... 220 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning more than 285 million! Wow.

So looking at the team numbers, we can see that HayesK has once again upped his contribution and while he did not take back the #1 spot as of this writing; Holy cow! Our leader board is huge.

Some individual movement of note, @orion456 's alter ego has moved up 1,369 spots. robert_scheel has moved up 1,214 spots. @Farwalker2u 's alter ego moved up 825 spots. Sultan_Tariq has moved up 611 spots. Looking closer at our alter ego guys, @Farwalker2u seems to have corrected his naming issue as has @orion456 . Hehe. Points is points and the first rule of points is... .... make more. (My wife just watched Fight club last weekend.)

Individual milestones:
@Holdolin has earned a spot in the 40 billion point club. This is an exclusive club. So exclusive that even I haven't been able to get in. (Like I set the bar high?) Lets give a big WOOT! WOOT!! to Holdolin.

Lowryder has just earned 800 million.
slorch has just earned 800 million too. Great job guys.

@DeputyKovacs has just earned 400 million.
@EarthDog has also just earned 400 million.

@Grub has earned 300 million.

@Woomack has earned his first 100 MILLION! WOOT WOOT!
Dippskoodlezhas also earned his first 100 MILLION! WOOT WOOT! I alwasy love a "first" milestone. Those are the fun ones.

@Railgun has earaned 90 million and will earn his first 100 million later today! Looking forward to it buddy.

robert_scheel has already eaarned a strong 30 million. Thank you for jumping in and helping out with the race.
Kowalski just earned 30 million. Great job.

@Mario1 has earned 20 million.
langer1972 has also eaarned 20 million.

@Farwalker2u earned 5 million under his alter ego. ;) Thank you sir.

We have other members below the 1 million mark. We see you and thank you for your contribution. Keep it up and we'll catch you in the million and above milestones.
Okay. We have a race to win so back to it. If you have something more you can do, lets do it through Wednesday. If not, keep doing what you can. Thank you all and happy racing.

Build, Borg, Recruit.

Who is Raymond Abbott and what happened to him? Zeroed out yesterday at noon

And a rough three hours. Barely 1M more in that stretch for me.:(

EDIT: EVERYONE dropped significantly in that window. Doing a spot check at the highest producers across the board, you @Holdolin seem to have been hit the most significantly there.

Second edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:
Individual milestones:
@Holdolin has earned a spot in the 40 billion point club. This is an exclusive club. So exclusive that even I haven't been able to get in. (Like I set the bar high?) Lets give a big WOOT! WOOT!! to Holdolin.
Don that makes 3 in the 40 billion club, but me and Hayes will soon move in to the 50 billion club :muahaha::comp::rofl:

Back