• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Last update before the big Folding race.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Okay. There's been a lot of discussion about the big race starting Monday Wednesday. See here for the countdown. The race is for total team points against our friends at [H]ardOCP, TAAT (AnandTech), EVGA and ExtremeHW. The official start time is 24 Jan 24 7AM eastern time 4AM Pacific time. The race is one week and will end at 6:59AM eastern the next Monday Wednesday. (Midnight UTC time if you care to know why the odd start/stop times.) Fold as much as you can fold for Team 32. Just go all out as hard as you can for a week. Anything and everything will help big or small. For example, I don't do too bad day to day but my ramp up total will only be a small amount. It would be nice if I could raise my highs from 23 million to 24 million but I will struggle to do that. If you only contribute a few 100k, that would work too. 1 Million. Great. Whatever you got, we can use it. If you got hoards of GPUs that you can spin up, that will grab headlines but you don't have to be that guy to assist.

Okay. We've set the stage. Give it what you got and lets get 1st place.

If you are new to folding, maybe helping us out in the race, make sure you get the passkey for you bonus after 10 WU's (Work Units). Click here to get yours.

Questions about installing, configuring, passkeys, team number (32), etc. , ask them. We'll help. That's what a team does and we do that well.

Okay. I've stalled enough. let's get to the weekly update.

We are still #8 but we are also still being chased by AnandTech. They have been ramping up for the race and it shows. They too are in it to win it. They are set to overtake us in 8.8 years. We are set to overtake Hardware.no in 1.2 months, NVIDIA in 5.6 months and EVGA in 6.9 years. At the current rate, we will make it to #5 in the world before being brought down to #6. We're looking at long term gains and as such, things will change to make this go better or worse. We'll just keep doing our thing as best we can and the reset will play out before our eyes.

Overclockers.com - 765.5 million ppd - 61 active members. (Thanks to our ramp up for the race.)
TAAT (AnandTech) - 818.7 million ppd - 77 active members. (Also thanks to thier ramp up for the race.)
Hardware.no ------- 471.7 million ppd - 73 active members.
NVIDIA ------------- 66.8 million ppd -- 21 active members.
EVGA --------------- 576.9 million ppd - 93 active members. (Again, ramping up for the race.)

So while I'm not intending to speak about the race this far down, the race has it's ripple effects that are all good for the science of it all.

The team has an outstanding 61 active members at the time of this writing. That's a very nice number for us. Due to the excitement of a race, we have a number of folks who have jumped back in to help out. Greatly appreciated. We also have one new member this week. Sultan_Tariq has joined us. I looked it up and it is the name of the Sultan of Oman. I doubt that the Sultan himself has joined but we appreciate the assist.

Top... wait for it. The top.... 30! are all earning 1 million ppd or more. I think this is a record for us.
Top 13 are all earning 10 million ppd or more. I think that htis too is a record for us.
Top 6 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 40 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 60 million ppd or more. I don't need to list names from this point on. We all know who these heroes are. ;)
Top 2 are earning nearly 190 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning almost 270 million ppd.

Jumping ahead to individual milestones:
@DeputyKovacs has earned 300 million.
@Grub has earned 200 million.
@Woomack has earned 80 million.
moz_21 has earned 70 million.
@Railgun has earned 60 million.
Dippyskoodlez has earned 30 million.
langer1972 has earned his FIRST 100 MILLION! WOOT!
Mario1 has earned 8 million.

Congratulations on your well earned milestones.

If you're here for the race, :welcome: . We hope you stay but if not, I offer an early "Thank you" for helping us out.

This race is a bit of fun and excitement as we push on and try to show these other teams who we are. I hope that you enjoy it, are excited by it and... yeah.... That can be enough. Have fun and fold on.

Build, Borg, Recruit.

Last edited:
As I said in another post, I've jump back in to help :) I have started a new client but it has been years since i did this. I'm using 2 gtx-1080ti's a Zoltac - amp! extreme and a Gigabyte - aorus extreme. I've included screen shots as something is wrong here. Base system is a MSI z490 Unity, a 11900k @ 5.0, and 16gb xmp @ 4133.
I have included a single and dual card use. In the 2nd picture it did not matter which card was folding WU 19600 as it was stuck at ~550/450 core/mem :-( With 2 cards folding, it dropped the first card TPF from ~4m to ~6m ??
I'm not sure why the gpu's are running @ 35% ? Should they not be @ 80% or greater?

Attachments

• snaphsot0002.png
    snaphsot0002.png
    427.9 KB · Views: 8
  • snaphsot0001.png
    snaphsot0001.png
    456.9 KB · Views: 8
I really like reading these update messages, thanks for composing them!. I've been away for a few years, but have recently returned to the fold. One of my personal folding goals was always to crack the top 100 of team 32 and I've finally done it as of last week. Feels good to be contributing what things I can to a cause that can reduce human suffering and prolong life. My next goal is to get to the top 50. Hello and good luck to all in the race, lets kick some booty!

Here is a updated screenshot with only 1 gpu. As you can see in it, there is a BIG difference from 1 gpu to 2 gpu??

Attachments

• snaphsot0004.png
    snaphsot0004.png
    443.8 KB · Views: 10
..and that's still not even close to what you should be getting. I think our new guy, flamethrow has 1080 Ti's and getting way more than that. Make sure it's turned up to use all the horsepower it can? There's a slider for that or setting? Not sure... mine just worked, lol.

@MaddMutt Do not know why GPU are not boosting the frequency. Could there be temperature issue? Maybe try installing most recent driver from Nvidia website.

Apears no Passkey qualified for bonus.
The screenshots show estimated credit same as base credit which means no qualified passkey or expected completion beyond the Timeout (first deadline).
The estimated completion is 8-9 hours, well withing the 1.5-2.0 day Timeout for those projects.
The Folding@home Bonus Point Calculator shows 470K ppd for the p12430 wu in screenshot with ppd 171K (TPF 2 minutes 52 seconds), and 176K ppd for the p12281 wu in screenshot with ppd 58K (TPF 5 minutes 58 seconds).

I'll keep working on it. I haven't folded in ~8 yrs so my passkey may need to have 10 WU completed before it works again. I know it's not a temp problem as the cards "work hard" to stay ~45c <- Spinning up the fans/Down clocking the gpu core.

I could not find the problem with my Main OS - SO I tried my benching OS drive. This setup had no problem running at ~95% and 2000 core. I’m currently folding WU 12238, with a TPF of 49s, and a PPD of 2.9m. Everything just seemed to work (FAH) on the benching drive, so I will keep it rolling for the contest.

MaddMutt,
As HayesK noted your productions seems to be because you have not entered your passkey.
On the Advance Control there is a configure tab (upper left). Open that.
Next see the Identity tab. There you should have a Name, Team, and Passkey areas into which you can place information.
They should all be filled correctly.

@MaddMutt
Your bonus is ACTIVE

........does that mean as of now, so he should be getting his points from here forward OR there's a problem still???

Back