• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team challenge available, 5 billion and a weekly update too.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Python 3 not working. If you have it working let me know how you got it working.

I am referring to GPU fah...CPU fah does work.
Interesting. My whole fleet was built on 22.04. Granted some of then have been changed to Debian 12, but both workflows are basically the same. Install the OS (choose minimal if Ubuntu), install Nvidia drivers (enable non-free && contrib repos first if Debian), reboot, copy template config file to /etc/fahclient, install fahclient, and finally add said client to HFM.NET and clusterssh config. I've not heard of a Python problem pertaining to GPU folding.

If you could provide some detail about said problem I'd be happy to do some digging. Though in the interest of keeping this thread reasonably on-topic I would think that a new thread would be appropriate but I'm still more than happy to do so. Especially if anybody else might be having the same problem.

Interesting. My whole fleet was built on 22.04. Granted some of then have been changed to Debian 12, but both workflows are basically the same. Install the OS (choose minimal if Ubuntu), install Nvidia drivers (enable non-free && contrib repos first if Debian), reboot, copy template config file to /etc/fahclient, install fahclient, and finally add said client to HFM.NET and clusterssh config. I've not heard of a Python problem pertaining to GPU folding.

If you could provide some detail about said problem I'd be happy to do some digging. Though in the interest of keeping this thread reasonably on-topic I would think that a new thread would be appropriate but I'm still more than happy to do so. Especially if anybody else might be having the same problem.
Yeah this needs it's own thread.

Last edited:
@Holdolin @dfonda

My normal FAH install is similar, with a copy of FAH config.xml file to /etc/fahclient, then install FAHClient and FAHControl using deb files.

FAHClient v7.6.21 works fine in U2204, but FAHControl v7.6.21 does not install on the local host (needs an older version of python).

However, U2204 does have a snap, "Folding@Home", located in "Ubuntu Software" under Science, which does install FAHClient and FAHControl v7.6.21. Have only made a few test builds so far using the U22 FAH snap, but they appear to fold OK.

However, the FAH file locations for the snap installation are different. The FAH config.xml, normally located in etc/fahclient, and the FAH files+folders, normally located in var/lib/fahclient, are all in var/snap/folding-at-home-fcole90/common.

Placing FAH config.xml and GPUs.txt files in var/snap/folding-at-home-fcole90/common, prior to installing the FAH snap, does appear to work OK.

My first two FAH snap installs ended up running a CU wu. The snap installation ignored the FAH config file in etc/fahclient, even when FAHClient 7.6.21 was already installed from the deb file.

Back