• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unexplained dips in production

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeputyKovacs

Any body got this stuff figured out? I leave my rig folding when I am away from home with windows updates disabled so as not to interfere with the folding (made that mistake before.) Still, very occasionally my client will just stop producing WUs. As I’m not home I can’t tell what is going on but as it’s happens for nearly 24 hrs it can’t be transient. PPD seems to have picked up again now by itself. Somebody must know what’s going on. Some of you have been doing this a loooooong time 😎 IMG_5533.png

Some WU are lower in points too. My updates the last 24 have been a lot smaller than last week, but all my rigs are confirmed running. Also, install “PowerToys” and use the “keep awake indefinitely” setting… you can still have monitor power off after a few minutes too.

Some WU are lower in points too. My updates the last 24 have been a lot smaller than last week, but all my rigs are confirmed running. Also, install “PowerToys” and use the “keep awake indefinitely” setting… you can still have monitor power off after a few minutes too.
Well, actually—one of my co-workers shut my work rig off at the end of the day yesterday 😅

*You’re fired :argue::rofl:

Need to look at the FAHClient log for additional info.

Some possible issues:
Failed 10x wu and FAH halted folding for 24 hours.
No internet connection.
Computer not running.
FAH not running.
No wu assigned.
Bad wu.

Current log is viewable in FAHControl. Prior logs available in the FAHClient folder.
Forget how many old logs FAH keeps by default, but can be set with a parameter in FAHControl, Expert tab, "extra client options".

Some useful "extra client options":
log-rotate-max value=99
config-rotate-max value=99
next-unit-percentage value=100

On the image of the chart I posted, the percentage difference between the high (51,362,911) and the low (36,368,299) is (using the difference and dividing by the lower number) 41.2%.

Between 10 & 20 a day but I will get to fold a lot more today cause my Birthday is Monday the 18th.:attn:
Have a great birthday.
I hope it is memorable for all the right reasons. Hug those you love and tell them you love them.
You might get a strange look but they will remember; and so will you.
Maybe print that certificate and stick it on the wall where your computer is.

Have a great birthday.
I hope it is memorable for all the right reasons. Hug those you love and tell them you love them.
You might get a strange look but they will remember; and so will you.
Maybe print that certificate and stick it on the wall where your computer is.
Thank you so very much. :cheers:

Back