• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 3Nov17: Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of thier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Team Conquest List:
[oldtable] Hardware.no |3.3 years |up from 1.6 years.
Overclock.net |2.7 years |down from 4.7 years.
[H]ardOCP |9 months |up from 8.8 months. [/table]
(Lower is better)

Team Threat List:
[oldtable]TSC! Russia| 1.9 years| up from 1.7 years.[/table]
(Higher is better)
If you think of this like a car race, Hardware.no is beating us off the line. We cannot let them get too far up before we top out our speed. We are gaining on Overclock.net and we are neck in neck with the [H]ord. We are starting to pull away from TSC! but only just. If you have the production waiting to go, perhaps it is time to get it going.

Active folders and ranking:
[oldtable]|Active Folders|Ranking|Ave PPD
This week|83|28th|869k
Last week|81|28th|899k
2 weeks ago|80|27th|933k
3 weeks ago|84|27th|886k
4 weeks ago|84|25th |864k
6 weeks ago|81|29th|859k
8 weeks ago|78|29th|895k [/table]

Top 20 PPD:
[oldtable]1| Macaholic | 16.44 million
2| HayesK | 15.35 million
3| WhitehawkEQ | 5.99 million
4| RoXQi3x | 5.03 million
5| P4EE | 4.63 million
6| RamonetB | 3.99 million
7| superducky | 2.51 million
8| don256us | 2.19 million
9|JrClocker | 2.18 million
10| orion456 | 1.73 million
11| AnubisOne |
12| DocLiv |
13| Robert17 |
14| Jaymz9350 |
15| rpkole
16| wjruth
17| gabi golan
18| IAmMoen
19| Protein Pete
20| unsafesteagle [/table]
The top 10 stayed somewhat steady but 11-20 caused a lot of cut and paste to update this week. Please practice safe folding and have fun people. You are all clearly making your moves. WOOT!

Top 10 averages: 6.00 million down from 6.14 million
Top 20 averages (including top 10): 3.36 million down from 3.44 million
(Higher is better)
The top 10 and top 20 numbers are only slightly lower. In the scope of things, they are flat.

Individual Milestones:
(Note: The word “earned” is used here because each member has worked hard for these points and the word is meant to show the hard work done to “earn” these points. Thank you to all.)
Race to next milestone follows.
gabi golan just earned 500 million.
tazmzn171 just earned his first 100 million! WOOT!

slaytalera just earned 60 million.
superducky just earned 50 million and will earn 60 million in 1.1 days.
rpkole will earn 60 million in 5.3 days.
IAmMoen will earn 20 million in 16.8 hours.
twocup oreo just earned 9 million and will earn 10 million in 3.8 days.
EvlMinion just earned 8 million.
JetEngineMech just earned 8 million.
Mike just earned 8 million.
NikDo just earned 7 million and will earn 8 million in one week.
squads just earned 3 million and will earn 4 million in 3.4 days.

Congratulations to you for making your milestones. Keep your head down and the points rollin’.

Team Top 100 or (Page 1):
Moving up 15 spots each:
superducky who broke into the top 100 in near record time!

Moving up 2 spots each:
surfpunk

Moving up 1 spot each:
AnubisOne
gulp35
DocLiv
FLYFISHER
tazman171
slaytalera

World Top 100:
Moving up in these ranks is really difficult. Great job guys.

[oldtable]HayesK |#8 |
Macaholic |#14|
RoXQi3x |#22|
RamonetB |#28|
P4EE |#38|
orion456 |#43|
Torin3 |#49|
WhitehawkEQ |#79| [/table]

Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and earned goals.

Please feel free to post any advances you’ve made below. Thanks guys.

Until next week
Build, Borg, Recruit. :comp:

Last edited:
We had a cool snap & I started up 3 systems. I had to shut the 2 in the office down because it warmed back up & the office got HOT.
Also I'm having a problem with the RX 480 PC, it has been locking up while folding. I need to run a 3rd party app to control the video card fans, because I think it might be getting too hot after a period of time. Hopefully I can get it sorted and going again.
I'm going have to wait a little longer on the GTX 970 because that FX 8320 really throws off the heat, even though I don't have the CPU folding.

jlk03f150 and I are within 100 mile of each other and the warm up is nice but makes getting a pair of 1080's to sing and dance about like training a cat to be more equine....
boost 3.0 is the dickens when you have 2 high powered cards in one box.
with the 1060s in one box you can just crank up the fans, crank up the clocks and let fly, with the 1080s it just ain't that easy, so far it's best just to crank up the fans and let them fly but, I'm starting to look for a modded bios the get around boost 3.0.

It was part of the deal if I agreed to head up a new division at the company. The Quadro was the cheap part of it.

If you can show your management that it will make them money to spend the money.... most decent management will do it.

I must say that I was like a kid on Christmas when it arrived today. The non-tech people were looking at me a little sideways. :D

It was part of the deal if I agreed to head up a new division at the company. The Quadro was the cheap part of it.

If you can show your management that it will make them money to spend the money.... most decent management will do it.

I must say that I was like a kid on Christmas when it arrived today. The non-tech people were looking at me a little sideways. :D

Congrats on the promotion.

Our problem is IT, which is outsourced to a third party. I'm after spending $100k on new data acquisition systems from National Instruments and they are giving us low level Dell Precision's with a single 8/GB stick of RAM. Each system will be sending data to the PC up to 3.2GB/sec. Even the design engineers just get basic Quadro cards from 3 years ago.

Jesus. I deal with 1553 cards from NI all the time...always the worst part of my job. Condolences.

Our IT management just switched back to integrated Intel graphics. The last round of computer installs they got discrete graphics but not any more.

For standard desktop deployment (low power users) we are using NUCs (even in the conference rooms).

What's funny is that some folks wanted to be able to work from home with the NUCs...so our IT people got them "NUC Sacks"! :rofl:

Jesus. I deal with 1553 cards from NI all the time...always the worst part of my job. Condolences.

I don't mind working with the NI hardware, except for calibrating all the 120 thermocouple channels on each system.

In better news, our manager just put $10k in next years capital plan for a single high powered PC, designed and build by me :D. I think a lot of folding will be required to burn in the system and also to maintain it while it's not in use ;)

I don't mind working with the NI hardware, except for calibrating all the 120 thermocouple channels on each system.

In better news, our manager just put $10k in next years capital plan for a single high powered PC, designed and build by me :D. I think a lot of folding will be required to burn in the system and also to maintain it while it's not in use ;)

Gee, I wonder what name and team it will be folding for? :)

Back