• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T5600 BSEL/pinmods?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freezer7Pro

I'm soon getting a new laptop (for free, F**K YEAH!), with a T5600. Seeing how it only huffs around at 1.86GHz, I reckon there should be some headroom for overclocking. Are there any good/What's the best way(s) to increase the speed of these? The BIOS is obviously locked.

I searched, but it didn't return any results.

ASAIK, socket m Merom can not be pin modded because of mobo chipset limitations. The BSEL pins are there, and the chip itself probably could be modded. However, I think the 800mhz fsb boards are socket P. The only thing you may have luck with is using a 533mhz fsb chip and modding it to 667mhz, but I have not seen a working guide on that either.

ASAIK, socket m Merom can not be pin modded because of mobo chipset limitations. The BSEL pins are there, and the chip itself probably could be modded. However, I think the 800mhz fsb boards are socket P. The only thing you may have luck with is using a 533mhz fsb chip and modding it to 667mhz, but I have not seen a working guide on that either.

You would be correct, the Santa Rosa chipset is the 800FSB capable mobile chipset and it uses a different socket (albeit, same number of pins but with a different pinout) than the 533/667 FSB parts.

I'm sure someone out there has done a 533 -> 667 pinmod, it's just a matter of trying to find it. A quick Google didn't give me any real results, but I bet you could find it if you kept looking long enough.

people have tried it, but they encountered a problem where it would run at 667 but only use the x8 multiplier, havent followed up since so maybe theres a work around now.

socket M is the only one to not have issues with pin modding. from what i have seen for results, but pin modding would require the use of a 533 cpu. socket P does have issues in that when a 667 cpu is pin modded to 800. the fsb is 800 but the multi is set and locked to 6x with no way of changing it.

if you get lucky enough to find it, its a ATX board from aopen. Based on the 975x chipset for Socket M, joe camel ran one for a while. couldnt max out the chips something with not enough votlage...

Back