• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tablet Advice Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G33K454URU5 R3X

So kind of out of the blue, I've found a need / desire to get a tablet. The little lady seems to be content with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7", but I am a bit torn between the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1", Asus Transformer Prime TF201 and TF300T. I plan on using this for mobile / on-the-go use, something I can type on without much difficulty, HDMI connections, presentations if need be, etc (mainly business use). Storage wise, 16-32GB would be perfectly fine. Battery life is important, as there may be times I'm on it all day. While cost is not a huge issue, I won't want to spend over $500.

Office Depot has a TF201 on sale for $440, and i know either way I go I am getting a quality product. Just wanted to see what the overall general consensus was, especially for business use. Thanks all :thup:

I have and do enjoy using the TF300T. Highly recommended. Though I do prefer my Kindle Fire due to the form factor (small hands likes 7" more).

That being said, Qualcomm has just released their new Snapdragon S4 quad core CPU. Murders the Tegra 3 in performance and battery life. Maybe see if any new tablets will come out with this CPU?

It's definitely not something I need immediately, so I would be willing to wait so long as the price is right. From browsing around a bit on the web, looks like the Snapdragon is coming out later this year.

So kind of out of the blue, I've found a need / desire to get a tablet. The little lady seems to be content with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7", but I am a bit torn between the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1", Asus Transformer Prime TF201 and TF300T. I plan on using this for mobile / on-the-go use, something I can type on without much difficulty, HDMI connections, presentations if need be, etc (mainly business use). Storage wise, 16-32GB would be perfectly fine. Battery life is important, as there may be times I'm on it all day. While cost is not a huge issue, I won't want to spend over $500.

Office Depot has a TF201 on sale for $440, and i know either way I go I am getting a quality product. Just wanted to see what the overall general consensus was, especially for business use. Thanks all :thup:
strongly recommend searching cashbackaholic.com for the best cash back click through websites for making your purchase. it looks like you can get 5% back by registering for a few of those sites. i personally use bigcrumbs.com a lot and it gives you 4.2% cash back for officedepot.com. they deposit your cash back into your paypal account some time after your purchase. 5% at $440 is $22 so its well worth your time to create a membership for this purchase and for future use. i suggest using that money on some nice cover and or screen protector!

Are you sold on a specific OS? If not I would strongly consider an iPad or wait until you can try out Microsoft Surface...

strongly recommend searching cashbackaholic.com for the best cash back click through websites for making your purchase. it looks like you can get 5% back by registering for a few of those sites. i personally use bigcrumbs.com a lot and it gives you 4.2% cash back for officedepot.com. they deposit your cash back into your paypal account some time after your purchase. 5% at $440 is $22 so its well worth your time to create a membership for this purchase and for future use. i suggest using that money on some nice cover and or screen protector!

That is a good idea, thanks :) Never heard of that site before.

Hi everybody,

I am Batlon. One thing you might consider is the weight and size of the 10.4 inch tablets. I have an Acer, I really like it but it's heavy. Not bad for around the home but I wouldn't want to carry it everywhere. A 7 inch is much nicer for portability.

Thanks everybody.

Hi everybody,

I am Batlon. One thing you might consider is the weight and size of the 10.4 inch tablets. I have an Acer, I really like it but it's heavy. Not bad for around the home but I wouldn't want to carry it everywhere. A 7 inch is much nicer for portability.

Thanks everybody.

depends on the tablet. the ipad is slightly lighter than an hp touchpad and they are both 9.7in.

I have a Nook Tablet running CM7 and a TF300t. I love the Tf300T for video and I love the Nook for portability. From a hardware stand point the TF300t does so much more that the Nook Tablet. I think you just need to deciede what is most important. Features or portability.

I wouldn't look at the surface tablets, highly doubtful they will be under $500 at this point, and it would be the RT version, which doesn't have many apps for it.
The Asus Transformers are the best bet, imo. Combine it with the keyboard dock for extra battery life when you need it, and you're good to go all day. The TF300T is a beauty.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up going with the TF300T and the dock as I'll need it on the road and battery life will be important. :)

Thanks marketpantry for your suggest. and i want to inform you that your suggest really lots of helped me. so thanks to you.

Just saw this but the Asus Transformer Infinity :) Now there is a tablet 1920x1080 screen res! Oh yeah.

Hi marketpantry, i am new comer in this forum community.i also appreciate you. and batlon, you should obey markepantys suggest, i hope this is very helpful for you.

Back