• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taskbar shows folder's with japanese names as ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitebloodcell

Problem with displaying Japanese Characters in Vista Home Premium. I installed the Japanese IME a while back and have been able to view and write Japanese fine for the longest time - and I still can, however folders with Japanese names appear in the taskbar as ?????? Can I fix this? I am not sure if it has always been like this or not, I didn't have many folders in Japanese until recently.

well I dont have vista and im not familiar with this sort of thing related to vista but I have windows XP and well with japanese fonts on XP if you want programs to display them in their menus you have to go to the regional and language settings then change standards and formats to japanese then click the advanced tab and change language for non-unicode prorgams to japanese.
That's how you'd fix this in windows XP. I suppose for vista it would be something similar.

Well changing the system locale to japanese seemed to do the trick, Mediamonkey hasn't seemed to like the change though and won't display properly.

Back