• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team status update: Please read.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Nothing of great importance. I just want you to read it. Not life changing or anything. Are you still reading? Good.

Looking at the team stats, we are chasing three other teams and zero teams are chasing us. We have Conquests and no threats. WOOT!
In terms of active users, we are #50 in the world but in terms of ppd, we are #7 in the world. We are being beat by some truly heavy hitters like Nvidia. You know, where we struggle to get a card even well above retail price, they are using their might to smite us. EVGA is also producing a lot more than we are but again, a card manufacturer... LTT is beating us but we have 51 active folders and they have 2,003. With 40 times the active users, they are only earning 3 times as much. Not a good ratio in my mind.

All of that plays into the narrative that we are the small team that can.

The top 19 are all at 1 million ppd or more. The top 2 are over 30 million ppd with #'s 3 & 4 over 20 million and #'s 5 & 6 are over 10 million. If you want to know how we can produce so much with so little, look there.

BugFreak72 has earned 600 million and is approaching his first billion before too long.

rafjr00 has earned his first 10 million. WOOT!

Summer is about here in the mid-west and we will soon see a reduction in production. This is the normal ebb and flow of folding around the world. Our Australian brothers should be able to pick up steam as winter is nearing for them.

Fold what you can. When you take machines off-line for the season, work out your maintenance plan. Pull out fans, clear out dust and get ready for Fall and Winter.

Note: All gender references while in the masculine are to be read as all inclusive. The key in that is: If you fold, then you're my friend.

And its The hrsetrder coming down the backstretch neck and neck with Fearless Don...this is too exciting...:popcorn::escape:

The 'pressure' must have been too intense, a GPU WU Failed and shortly after realized my graphics driver went belly up, couldn't log back in to fix it (like in this thread), so I shrank a partition, installed debian 11 alongside Ubuntu, fought with some dependency issues and got the client and fahcontrol going. :soda:

The 'pressure' must have been too intense, a GPU WU Failed and shortly after realized my graphics driver went belly up, couldn't log back in to fix it (like in this thread), so I shrank a partition, installed debian 11 alongside Ubuntu, fought with some dependency issues and got the client and fahcontrol going. :soda:

Ctrl-Alt-F1 should bring up a terminal login. You may be able to fix the issue or simply purge the nvidia stuff and reboot using the default driver.

sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
reboot

Ctrl-Alt-F1 should bring up a terminal login.
I must have hit the wrong key initially, but later on bringing up a tty worked, which gave options to:
dpkg -P $(dpkg -l | grep nvidia-driver | awk '{print $2} ')
apt autoremove
...then "sudo apt install nvidia-driver-510 nvidia-dkms-510" and back in business.
Post magically merged:

Well, (deep subject I know :)) I moved up in the world standing, I'm at 59 now on EOC stats. :clap::thup:

Nice work!
:coffee:

:soda:

:beer:

Last edited:
Back