• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp Monitors Crash Benchies?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{AG}Sgt.Stryker

Is it just me, or does your machine crash if you have a temp monitoring program, like MBM or SpeedFan, running in the background when you're pushing the envelope on overclocking? 3DMark seems to be the most sensitive to this, but it's happened to me in AquaMark, Prime and Sandra. I think it has to do with the vid card temp, because the logging feature of the temp monitors shows the vid card temps going to zero just before the machine locks up or spontaneously reboots.

What are you guys experiencing?

I have never had a problem, but i suppose that might be because you are 'pushing the envelope' to me, if it cant get through a bench with MBM running, then it isnt stable enough for me, so I regard it as too much over clock and relax the speed a bit. From what you describe i think your vidcard is running a bit to fast to be stable. It either needs to slow down a bit or get some better cooling.

Back