• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature i7 4790k with Silent Loop 360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asryan

Registered
Hi,

I got my first Watercooling AIO and maybe i was expecting too much of it but i wanted to know if my temps are correct. I will try to provide the more infos on my rig and issues

I run it at 4.4 but i set the core at 44/44/43/42 so it's more often at 4.2.

I mostly use it for gaming and few video encoding for work.

My tems are 33/37 idle
In game it can goes to 60 for brief period of time but mostly 55/60 max.

i did a stress test on xtu and here are the results and temps : https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/422113442.png

I used kryonaut thermal paste and added 3 extra fan for push pull.
My case is a Enthoo Luxe
Gpu : evga 1080 Ti FtW3

Intake
2 x140 fans on the front
1x140 on the bottom

Exhaust :
6 fans on the top -push pull
1 140 on the back.

Al the fans are silent wings 3

And last but not least there are some screenshot of my bios settings, maybe you guys have optimisation tu suggest :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzsrl8gm43te6hm/AAB4_MSqQaPC8z5UiRR18107a?dl=0

Thanks for the help !
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzsrl8gm43te6hm/AAB4_MSqQaPC8z5UiRR18107a?dl=0

Those all-in-one closed loops tend to be a little on the wimpy side. So, if load temp is 60 while overclocked and playing a 3D game, I'd say all is well.

Just be aware that XTU is a pretty wimpy stress test. I would recommend either Prime95 for at least a couple hours or OCCT. But the proof is stability in day to day use. Your max temps are quite far from TJmax so if you need to bump up the vcore you have plenty of room

I would like to think my watercooling loop is above average. When I overclock my 2600K from 3.4 to 4.4 gig and run stress/burn/stability tests on all the cores, I can see load temp of up to 55 C degrees. See if you can find the little program called Intel Burn Test (IBT). I like it because it's quick and easy. Run it for 5 loops and it's helps determine stability and it'll get a good idea of load temp. I still use Prime95 too. I've seen IBT fail and Prime95 runs ok and vice versa. Intel Burn Test, another tool in the box to use.

Last edited:
I remember back during the 478/939 days there was this CPU stress proggy that had an image of the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of that dang program. Man when you enabled that sucker, it would take a hold of your CPU and cook it real good. Also it would take a choke hold to your system and not let go, lol. Only way to disable/turn it off was to reboot.

I remember back during the 478/939 days there was this CPU stress proggy that had an image of the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of that dang program. Man when you enabled that sucker, it would take a hold of your CPU and cook it real good. Also it would take a choke hold to your system and not let go, lol. Only way to disable/turn it off was to reboot.

That's IBT.

That's IBT.

I don't think that's it. IBT has that little flame icon in the box. Unless that's when they redid the program and retitled it to IBT. Dang it now it's buggin' the crap outta me to find it, lol.

*Edit*

Found it. It's called Toast: It's here . In alphabetical order under "T"

Last edited:
Back