• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperatures of motherboard and cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smooth

Hi all I'am new to this forum and new to overclocking which i have not done yet. I built this system, my first by the way and it is running great. my asus probe shows my motherboard temp at 35c
and my pcu at 25c. can this be right, my friend says no way that the cpu can be cooler than the motherboard is. I also have a probe sensor under the cpu which i had to fold the tip in order to get it to fit under the processor. It is taped to the processor like the manual says. It shows me a temp of 31c. by the way these temps are all at idle. I also downloaded mbm and its temps were the same as asus probe. Could it be possible that the windbond sensor chips should be reversed. and how about the harcano probe temp. I want to overclock this baby but not in a hurry yet. I'am still doing research on temps and reading the forums. can anybody help me out with these readings. My bios version is 8009 wich came with my motherboard disk. thanks :(

Asus probe reports 23c at idle for me, but I believe the bios which reports 29c. Just check your bios reading and adjust asus probe accordingly. For example: Bios reports 29 and probe reports 23, so I just add 6 to the Asus probe reading in my head whenever I check my temps.

....or as what I read in the furoms for the last few weeks.. they say motherboard monitor 5 is more accurate.. but still im using asus probe... jst depends on ur preference...

motherboard and cpu temps

okay i forgot to tell you that my hardware monitor is exactly the same as asus probe and mbm. But what do you think of my harcano reading under the pcu it is at 30c to 31c depending on the temp in my room. Also how do i get everbody to see my computer setup or can you guys see it. Thanks

this is normal...... my p4p800 does the same too 26C/ 29C. Infact my p4s8x-x is very good liers: cpu temp. 34C max. under full loads while mobo temp. reached 44C :D

If you get cpu temp 25C idle with casing closed...... wow.

......temp is always higher in the bios because its under half load then, not idle.......

ultimately the best way to monitor your temps is with actual temperature diodes at the source of the heat, but that's an entirely different discussion. with any software monitor take all the readings with a grain of salt and use a few different ones to find kind of an average

Hey you folded the temp probe for the hardcano and it works that way? I had given up on my hardcano probe because it was too big to fit under the P4. Did you fold it over on itself or sideways a little so it doesn't overlap itself?

My thermaltake xaser case came with the hardcano and it would sure be nice to be able to use it...

Shoot I have no clue off the top of my head. It came with the Thermalcase Xaser III 3000A

try to search for the same product at google.. and check on the pix... u would know if its 2,8 or 10 model :)

hardcano probe

Quarl said:
Hey you folded the temp probe for the hardcano and it works that way? I had given up on my hardcano probe because it was too big to fit under the P4. Did you fold it over on itself or sideways a little so it doesn't overlap itself?

My thermaltake xaser case came with the hardcano and it would sure be nice to be able to use it...

I have a hardcano 9 and this is how i had to make it work, I had to loop it like a horseshoe almost touching itself which made it shorter and then i taped it to the bottom of the processor, that allowed me to be able to lay it down in the square hole area and be able to string my wires along side the pins so that the processor would plug into the motherboard socket evenly. You mite have to try tapeing it at a couple different angles at first to get your processor to seat evenly.

Last edited:
how many of you guys that have p4p800 deluxe boards have there motherboard temp higher than there pcu temp. Just curious!

ciku, the manual that came with my thermaltake case shows the installation of the harcano probe under the pcu, but i guess you could use it on any thing, hard drive, video card, etc.

smooth, ic coz i tried searching for it and i saw it at newegg.com... thats y i new the versions are 2,8,10... the description says its hdd cooler :)

Grandpa Dan or anyone else, I need Suggestions on what to set my settings in my bios to start with to overclock my machine. I 'am a rookie
at this and i don't want to mess anything up on my machine bercause it is running flawlessly. My bios version is 1010 and thats what came with
my motherboard on disc. I have been researching the forums and i can see that the memory that i spent so much money on does not seem to be a very good match for overclocking to get good results. I have corsair xms twin pc4000 1 gig matched and platiunum. I guess from what i see in the forums that i will have to settle for about 3.2 and stable, any help would be appreciated.

Back