• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

Well I moved my rig over to a new case, idle was around 38ish, p95 would sent me to the 80s. I knew that was too high. Pulled off the water block, and I could see I used way too much tim.

Reapplied using the x method using Prolimatech PK1 but with less this time. Max temp across 3 cores is 74c, however the first core max is 67. Seems I may need to reseat the block again.

I am currently at 4.8ghz @ 1.456 volts. I am not yet sure of the ambient, but it is pretty high, computer sits in a 5'x8' closet. Off hand, do these temps look a bit high, or are they ok given the location and voltage?

It is quite common to see a several degree variance between the cores.

Off hand, not knowing the ambient, nor your water cooled setup (how much raddage), nobody will have a clue what is 'ok given the location and voltage'.

It is quite common to see a several degree variance between the cores.

Off hand, not knowing the ambient, nor your water cooled setup (how much raddage), nobody will have a clue what is 'ok given the location and voltage'.

MY apologies, I thought I had my water parts in my sig. I'l update in a bit.

I have a nexxxos ut60 3x120 ap15's in push and some CoolerMasters in pull. Raystorm block, swiftech ddc pump.

And might I add you're pushing pretty good voltage there for that overclock but I wouldn't point the finger at the water cooling loop at all. You have enough for even a GPU to the loop if you wanted.

Back