• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps too high? Advice requested.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuck84

Hi guys, first time poster here. I'm sure you get these kinds of questions all the time, but I am having a hard time getting a straight answer to my question. I hope you guys can help.

First, a little background. I am using a hyper 212 plus for cooling. I recently built this PC, and am new to overclocking. I had never installed an aftermarket cooler and, despite doing some research, I am unsure if I did a satisfactory job of applying thermal paste.

Attached is a screencap of my temps after running prime95 for a short period of time. I settled on such a short sample because my larger samples yield almost identical temperatures. With 21C ambient temps, I idle at 28-31C and seem to max out around 60C under load, varying a bit from core to core. I cannot give you exact vcore numbers because I am using offset mode to adjust vcore as opposed to forcing a fixed voltage.

Are my temps too high? Should I attempt to re-seat my cooler? If so, are can anyone offer me some tips on the best ways to do it or things to avoid? I am very nervous about cleaning the TIM off of the CPU and cooler, as I have never done it before and am terrified of damaging hardware by exposing it to rubbing alcohol.

Thanks for your time and I hope someone can help.

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 46
Back