• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Test Out BF3 for the Front Page? - 2600K Required for Uniformity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My 4870x2 did good in the beta @ 1680x1050,.....So Im out unless you really want the 4870x2 in their for comparison, then I can probably borrow a 1080p monitor.

Does not seem like they have data for that card yet. If possible I am sure it would be appreciated! :attn:

Question!

When you say GPU at "stock" you mean at the reference clocks right? So, 772/1544/2004 for the GTX580, even though the Matrix and Lightning stock speeds are higher than that?

Stock for your gpus...if that's above reference, that's fine. Just note what the card is and the clocks. :thup:

I'm running tests now.

i7 2600K @ stock and @ 4500MHz
GTX580 SLI @ reference clocks 772/1544/2004

With the CPU at stock I'm getting more FPS and less spread :screwy: I'm gonna re-run to be sure GPU clocks didn't reset somehow.

Last edited:
Here's my results with i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz and GTX580 SLI @ 772/1544/2004

Attachments

• gtx580-sli-ref-cpu-4500-r1-minmaxavg.xls
    22 KB · Views: 17
  • gtx580-sli-ref-cpu-4500-r2-minmaxavg.xls
    22 KB · Views: 18
  • gtx580-sli-ref-cpu-4500-r3-minmaxavg.xls
    22 KB · Views: 16
If you're curious, here are the runs with CPU at stock. The results are better for some reason, I even re-ran them...

Attachments

• gtx580-sli-ref-cpu-stock-r1-minmaxavg.xls
    22 KB · Views: 14
  • gtx580-sli-ref-cpu-stock-r2-minmaxavg.xls
    22 KB · Views: 8
  • gtx580-sli-ref-cpu-stock-r3-minmaxavg.xls
    22 KB · Views: 10
I should almost run mine again seeing as they have patched the game a couple times already.

Hokie, would you prefer I actually upload the files themselves? I hate being a PITA by not following directions.

It's up to you. The files are convenient for graphing if you don't mind. Thanks for running the tests!

It's up to you. The files are convenient for graphing if you don't mind. Thanks for running the tests!

Ahh! No problem, I was just thinking you had to pull that data from all of those and consolidate it to one spredsheet. I will re-run that a couple more times though and upload the files for you.

A couple things I should note, that I forgot to mention.

My RAM was at 1600 8-8-8-24, my board cannot set RAM voltage above 1.5v. No matter what I set it as the voltage stays at 1.5v even though the setting "saves" in the BIOS. I'd have to run on the REX to try for 2000 6-6-6-20 or 2133 9-11-9-28.

Also, 4GB of RAM is not enough. If I tried running with 4GB and no page file, I would get an error saying system memory is low and BF3 would have to close. However, 4GB RAM + page file works fine, and so does 8GB RAM + no page file.

Also, 4GB of RAM is not enough. If I tried running with 4GB and no page file, I would get an error saying system memory is low and BF3 would have to close. However, 4GB RAM + page file works fine, and so does 8GB RAM.
This happened to me too. Same results all around.

Sorry Hokie my 2600k is in a server :( I do have a 2700k with SLI 550TI's (HTPC) I can test on

It'd be really cool to compare your hex against the 2600K though...esp since you can run it at the same clock.....can you run your video memory any faster, I'm running my cars at 925/2300, it'd be neat to see the difference apples to apples between our rigs thobel :thup:

It'd be really cool to compare your hex against the 2600K though...esp since you can run it at the same clock.....can you run your video memory any faster, I'm running my cars at 925/2300, it'd be neat to see the difference apples to apples between our rigs thobel :thup:

Maybe I have issues with higher memory I have 1 weak Card problem seems to be in 3dmark 11 so maybe will work in Bf3

Back