• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
GV-N560OC-1GI.jpg

The following is just a quick & dirty of what this particular Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) will do folding wise, not a full product review.
Testing does not take into account the card's gaming prowess or lack there of. If what the card is capable of in terms of folding is not what your after, move along. Nothing to see here. :)

Gigabyte officially launched two new GTX 560 Ti Series graphics cards on Jan 25, 2011, the GV-N560SO-1GI Super Over clocked version and the Std Overclocked version GV-N560OC-1GI. We will be looking at the more mainstream (read cheaper) of the two, GV-N560OC-1GI.

From Gigabyte Press Release: GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti OC
(GV-N560OC-1GI)

*Overclock version! Ultra Durable VGA high quality materials
*NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti GPU
*Core/Mem clock: 900 (std 822) /4000 MHz
*7% performance better than stock GTX 560 Ti
*14% cooler than GTX 560 Ti stock cooler
*WINDFORCE 2X - Inclined dual fin design: 2X airflow performance
*PWM fan: 80mm PWM fan & run up to 3300 RPM
*4 pure copper heat pipes

Gigabytes Product Page: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3707#ov

The GTX 560 Ti Series graphics cards are based on the GF114 graphics processor. Which in turn are based on the GTX 460 series graphics cards processor, the GF104. As far as folding is concerned this is good news, as the 460 when launched was considered the sweet spot for GPU folding hardware in terms of PPD/$$. Since the launch of the GTX 460, Nvidia and TSMC have worked to improve performance and lower power consumption. The result, a chip with all available shaders or CUDA Cores enabled from the get go, as well as higher clock speeds.......What's not to like ??

Let the folding begin.

Folding Test System:
===============

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti
GV-N560OC-1GI
Biostar TP67XE
i7 2600K @ 4.8
2X2Gb DDR3 @ 1866
Corsair VX450W
XP x64 Sp2
Driver: 266.66
System Tray client: 6.41 From: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Default clocks:

Default.PNG

GPU Clock 965 Shaders 1930 (Max Folding clocks @ default volts)

965.PNG

GPU Clock 1010 Shaders 2020 (Max folding clocks with 1.150v)

1010.PNG

Card temp, voltage and work unit as seen in screens.

Testing done on open test bench. Ambient temp 25.8c - 26.0c

MSI Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 7 was used for all testing.

Fold on all :beer:

Excellent as always cuda! :beer: Here's the NE link for anyone interested: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363

I'm curious how this card compares in size to your Gigabyte 460 card. I recently purchased one of those same 460 cards... so I have a frame of reference. The cooler almost looks the same which makes me think the size of the card may be very similar as well.

For another comparison. Here is a screen of my fastest GTX 460......Folding stable with shaders @ 1820 on project P6801.

GTX 460 No smp 2.PNG

I'm curious how this card compares in size to your Gigabyte 460 card.

Sorry about the delay H :chair:

At a glance, you wouldn't be able to tell the two apart. With the exception of the WINDFORCE logo on the shroud and the two extra heat pipes on the 560 they are virtually identical.

The PCB of both cards is 8-1/4 or for those of us up north 21cm long.

GTX 560 Ti Top
GTX 460 Bottom

July 19, 2010 004 (Medium).jpg

GTX 560 Ti Top
GTX 460 Bottom

July 19, 2010 005 (Medium).jpg

GTX 560 Ti Top
GTX 460 Bottom

July 19, 2010 008 (Medium).jpg

Still working on this card.......

:beer:

Thanks cuda! :beer: In depth and insightful as always. Just what I was looking for too. :)

Based on your review, I may have to rethink my planned dual 460 setup. Looks like it may have to be a dual 560 setup instead... marking the retirement of my dual GTX285 setup... man, those have been some good cards for me.

marking the retirement of my dual GTX285 setup... man, those have been some good cards for me.

Yes, it's time to put them out to pasture H :p

As for the 560, still working with it........18000PPD should be doable on certain projects, such as P6805

Over the past week as time permitted, i have continued to test card......Among other things i wanted to get this 560 to 18000 PPD, especially after seeing that 17550 PPD posted last Sun........

Here it is.......For the record this is not 24/7 stable. I have not modified the bios, just used the 1.150mv available through Afterburner.......

1800PPD2.PNG

Though i do think with a good chip & alittle more voltage one could get this 24/7 stable. Sadly this card is going into service now and i have run out of time....

Fold on :beer:

I installed an EVGA GTX 560 Ti (1561) in a customers rig this weekend. Ran it up to 925 MHz in Afterburner and got 13,500 to 16,100 depending on the WU. He's a Counterstrike player so I ran the CS benchmark and found even running in a Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz, performance was equal to a GTX 295 in an i7 @ 3.8 GHz, 250 fps.

Funny story on why I was working on this machine. I got a call from the customer's (DD) girl Friday that the server at the automotive shop was down (yes, he plays counterstrike on his server) and she needed me to come fix it. She tougght DD had knocked something loose blowing out the rig with a compressor. She told me it was on the new computer I built for DD, which I was an i7 and I wondered how the h*ll he knocked a megahalems off blowing out the rig. I went on line and described all the parts to her that I needed her to find so I could put it back on if it wasn't torn all to hell. She couldn't find any of them. I collected up a spare Noctua HSF and headed out there. When I saw the machine I realized it was the first computer I built for him, a Q6600 that I had put a Tuniq Tower in, but the parts she found were a Zalman (round copper) cooler. It turns out his IT guy thought the Zalman was better than a Tuniq Tower and changed it out. THe Zalman has a mickey mouse latch on it, which he must have touched with the compressor nozzle. The TIM kept it glued in place until he started playing Counterstrike. When it got hot, it let go and dropped the Zalman squarely on the back side of the GTX295 in his machine. Video went dark and machine overheated and shutdown almost immediately.

He couldn't afford to go top dollar, ATM, but will be quite pleased with the 560 Ti performance.

Last edited:
It turns out his IT guy thought the Zalman was better than a Tuniq Tower and changed it out.

You should be alittle concerned, no ???

You build the system but he lets someone else physically modify it.......:sly:

I know i wouldn't be pleased.

I gave him an earfull and I doubt, considering his recent experience, he'll ever let the IT guy get inside any of his rigs.

Who knows, the IT guy may have wanted the Tuniq himself and had this "quiet" Zalman to pawn off on someone not quite up to speed on computer hardware. DD probably didn't even realize he could turn down the fan speed on the TT and make it quieter than the Zalman.

I've worked on a few PCs that were in automotive shops... boy were they filled with grease caked dust on the heatsink. Literally needed a solvent to clean it, then another solvent to clean off the initial solvent before turning it on again..

Who knows, the IT guy may have wanted the Tuniq himself and had this "quiet" Zalman to pawn off on someone

Believe it or not, that is exactly what i was thinking when i was reading what had happened.

Hi guys, looks like old thread...

I have similar standard overclock version. I want to overclock this GFX to get full performance out of it, I have no experience with overclocking.

So I'm just curious to know upto how much extent I can stably overclock it and how much performance boost is there ?

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Gaurav

Back