• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 1700 DLT3C is still the best overall OCer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
chill ladies ;):D no need to get up tight about this come on people chill out and relax, we all come here to discuss our comps and learn more about computers dont we ?

we dont come here to diss each other if u want to do that why dont u go to a chat room with 14 year old kids biggying themselfs up over the internet ?

Steven4563 said:
chill ladies ;):D no need to get up tight about this come on people chill out and relax, we all come here to discuss our comps and learn more about computers dont we ?

we dont come here to diss each other if u want to do that why dont u go to a chat room with 14 year old kids biggying themselfs up over the internet ?

Youre a bit late, the arguing already stopped, and I said in my last post before yours "We don't need to argue, we are all here for a similar purpose".

I basically said the same thing, but not in such a demeaning and sarcastic way. You don't put out a fire with a bucket of gas.

OK! your MR know it all then are u ? because the new stepping 1800+'s are "better bang for the buck" as they are doing 2.6ghz on air or so. Theres a thread in this forum if u would like to have a sreach around and find it for yourself

Well I have a 1800 dLt3c 0330 sitting in my room. I was going to use that instead of my 2500+, but I was talked out of it ( http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267126 ). I'll pop in it soon though, just to test.

jlin453 is right. The name of the thread is just a opinion, and is asking for trouble since everyone has a different one.

Heres another thread about this subject... http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1792497#post1792497

This guy seems to know his stuff...
hitechjb1 said:
So in this sense, the Barton is much better, especially if Barton can be oc'ed to 2.4+ GHz and when the price drops lower. The Barton above 2.38 MHz will then be faster than a 1700+ at 2.5 GHz (assuming the 512KB L2 has a 5% average performance advantage), and cooler (less power and power density, bigger die area) !!! [/B]

No flamming intended, but you are taling about up to 0312 tbred's, which I HIGHLY doubt anyone can find anymore. You are then compareing them to a high range of weeks for the bartons. I'm sure there were were a couple garenteed 2.5Ghz (barton) weeks. Everyone seems to having good luck with the new, locked ones.

Also, what are ur temps?

Last edited:
it is fair to say that almost all new bartons will do 2300mhz... regardless if they are locked or not

a 2300mhz barton will roughly run programs at the same speed of a 2500mhz tbred (because of the extra cache).... i know this from experiencing... benching etc

the new mobile 2400 and 2500 cpus are multiplier unlocked and i have not seen a single reported one that wont do 2400mhz on air... which is better than a 2500mhz tbred....

feel free to jump on the defensive end barton owners, but 9out of 10 apps won't won't show big difference between the two grades

amd knows this and if you look @ the numbers you would know this too

not here to prove anyone wrong but its turned into a "i bought barton so it's a better grade than tbred" event and vice versa

yes theres a few apps that will show the barton coming out on top ,but the numbers are so small and insignificant that its price doesnt justify it

emericana stated the new steppings on bartons will easily do 2300mhz which should keep those interested in purchasing a barton

lately i've been buying durons so cant comment on the latest steppings on tbred but all the steppings i've had in the past averaged 2300-2400 on conventional cooling

each of the grades can be great OCers but you have to take into consideration that the barton does run warmer, but watercooling and phase eliminates that factor

but i think we all are speculating on which grade produces the best price/performance ratio of the two

under conventional cooling, the barton1800mhz will give say-500mhz

under conventional cooling , the tbred1400mhz will give say-
1000mhz

this thread just like many others only proves that we all don't overclock for the same reason

some do it for fun/competition,others do it for performance/value

Wow...um...wow...

I thought AMD vs. Intel fanboy battles were lame. Now we've got Barton vs. T-Bred fanboy battles.

Fact of the matter remains, overclocking with either core remains luck of the draw. Luck seems to be in favor of the mobile Bartons these days as they're hand-picked processors. Before, the 1700+ DLT3C's were hand picked. The reason that they "weren't a crapshoot" is because most of us paid for that guaranteed stepping.

Back