• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The amd cine bench collection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's just a relative measure of multi-threaded video performance - and in this case CPU performance only, which does not include the video card. How a given system performs in the real world is very dependent on what app and video card are being used as well.

ah dammit again you beat me to the explination , your good at that i'v notice short and sweet , i give class so i'm used to doing things elaborate haha thanx again ICE

Twist3D put some more mhz onto your NB and close unnecessary apps in the back ground be sure to open cpuz after the bench , @ 4018 mhz with a higher nb about 2800 - 3000 you should beat Penetrecion score on the 1090T @ 4000 also disable your windows theme and put it on classic to save some resources :) try again mate

I found your explanation very enlightening. As much as I crunch numbers I should have thought to reduce our results to pts/core but it never crossed my mind. I'm getting old ... :(

nah ice , remember i created this thread so i put allot of thinking into it , to others its rather irrelevant so no sweat man . your description is better not many users want to read a essay

also to add to my sempron explanation thats a high score for a sempron hence the NB was near 3000 mhz cine loves nb communication

oh don't get me wrong. I love the thread. just trying to see if I can use cinebench scores to determine what the best deal is between laptops.

Ah ice you gave me an idea , Cool and quiet disable as-well as turbo core and cpu spread spectrum , and enable LLC , i'm going to add that to the tip list i forgot about all the bios tweaks that can be done to improve stability for the bench ICE Your the man !! your not getting old !!!

On that note I know background tasks can make some difference but sometimes not a lot. Even though the BOINC threads run at low priority they had almost no impact on my scores, 3.99 with v 4.03 without.

Also, although we expect most OC'ers to have CoolNQuiet disabled there are some that use it. Having CnQ enabled can lower benchmark scores as well ...

I tried disabling a bunch of background tasks for a better score... peerblock, MSI afterburner, core temp, ambx illuminate, and windows sidebar. My score was exactly the same with all those turned off. So yeah a lot of background programs and services don't impact your cpu performance at all.

Love the new format, lookin good!

I have another submission, my wife's PC - my old 965C3 running at stone stock.
The thing runs so darn hot, I don want to OC it at all, but I may try and see what I can clock it up to on stock voltage and do another run.

**edit, just realized I ran the test with F@h running in the background. Ill be curious to see how it does at 3.5, after a reboot, with no folding running.

Attachments

• kats cinebench.jpg
    kats cinebench.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
oke thanx for the help on clearing the extra open apps , so then i think it would be safe to say a extended bench run would have affect on background apps , so a dual or single core run will take a length in time i will test this with my sempron and see if there is a performance increase hence a slower cpu will take longer to process the bench

mxthunder then i'll wait for you to do another run and re-update , in-fact guys i'll only update the main list 3-4 times a week not everyday sorry guys but dont be hasty. hehe thanx again for all the input

mxthunder then i'll wait for you to do another run and re-update , in-fact guys i'll only update the main list 3-4 times a week not everyday sorry guys but dont be hasty. hehe thanx again for all the input

No problem at all ;) Now if I can just figure out how to up my NB and be able to load the PC up I think I can squeeze a couple more points in ;)Every time I up it I freeze at windows loading screen grrr

Yep that was my problem cpu/nb voltage was set to normal I thought I changed that I guess I didnt ;)

Attachments

• 710-1.png
    710-1.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 181
6.78 was my tops so far, gonna keep working on getting better.

Mobo: Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090t (OC 3.87Ghz)
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 570
PSU: 1200 Watt CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold
Ram: 2x4 Gb (8 Gb) OCZ Reaper (1935)
SSD : 64 Gb Crucial
HDD: 1 Tera Raid 0
Case: CoolerMaster Haf X 942
EK supreme waterblocks for CPU and GPU

Attachments

• 3.87Ghz_Cinebench.PNG
    3.87Ghz_Cinebench.PNG
    532.2 KB · Views: 99
Back