• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the beast journal !WARNING PICTURE INTENSE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok here was the hardest and biggest pita of them all.
this cut doesnt look that bad but because of the angle and size it was increadably dificult and the discs required where less than 1.5cm in size

supre%20hard%20bottom%20wiring%20cut.jpg

in this pic you see my safty glasses. only cool people that want to be able to see when thier done wear these. like whats the point of an awesome mod if you can see it when you are finished?

finished%20cutting.JPG

ok this next one isnt pretty because i didnt use a disc. i used a carbide grinding head . and man was this loud .

this cut is very important as youll see later when the core is mounted

from%20the%20inside%20of%20120mm%20cut.JPG

this next cut was also a pita but thats how it goes. i originaly ground a hole ( to the left ) for the pump power routing but after seeing all the whires i needed to route decided i needed something a bit larger

cable%20stealthing%20bottom%20cut.jpg

here are the cuts for the internal router that is mounted inside. the tiny notches disappear once paint was applied so no worries there

cable%20router%20cut.JPG

here we have fan power routing cuts for case exhuast fans . once all installed you cant see any wires in my case that i dont want you to really.

Mobo%20tray%20fan%20wire%20routing%20%20cuts%20front.JPG

now when people see this next pic they sometimes ask why this particular shape.
well this gives me access to the back area of the cpu NB SB and mosfets and the ability to mount a fan on the back to cool all from behind as well. and the fan is so low noise it can not be heard without putting your ear up to it. this is a bit extreme but hey if you plan on really pushing the clock to the bleeding edge you do what you have to

mobo%20tray%20cut.jpg

Wow if you get all the pictures to work, this would be the ultimate case ever sticky IMO
only #4256643756735673576354875 to say "wow" + "good job"

you may just have to hit refresh. remember im in japan so if you have a not so fast connection it could be timing out. for the last 3-4 pages there shouldnt be any perma X 's

might have some more pics later.

but i kinda started a new project that while not as in depth as this one was for aesthetics it will have the over clocking prowess of a demi god ( not quite a god because im on very tight budget and i need a block from cathar :) )

Man, I just looked at your case again, and once again I'm floored at the sheer beauty of it... I can't wait to see what your next project will be. :drool:

hehe thanks. i actualy have a few projects but none of them are aimed at looks the way this one was. they are performance oriented and concept oriented and later can be refined in visual aesthetics

Back