• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Mod-Hobby Revival: The Return of Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Element-Xero

Project Choatic Serenity: The Return of Water

This thread has gotten complicated, annoying and messy.

Here is one simple place to see just pics:
I threw up a sketchy html file on a host I found though, pics can be seen at:

http://elementxero.o-f.com
^
|____bigass page of pics so 56k beware

I'm finishing this project tonight so final pics of the completed rig will be going up by tomorrow.

ORIGINAL POST(------------------------------------------------
Alright, I've been out of the scene for about a year, my passions exhausted, my focus elsewhere. School, drinking, drugs, car audio, casual gaming...........that's all over now (well maybe not the drugs =_= ) and I am making my disapointingly triumphant return to modding!
:cue strange circus music:

Currently I have a huge, classy 11 bay tower that I paid way too much for last summer. Couldn't find it on newegg anymore, musta stopped making it. At the moment, it's currently lightly modded with a totally custom window and a semi-unique (hey, it's not a biohazard ;)) appliquè. Also I have mounted dual UV cold cathode tubes at the right side and bottom of the case.

[pictures here tonight - at work]

So I was checkin out fushys insane modding journal early last week [let's here it for fushy, folks!] and I caught modding fever yet again...so over the last week I have been planning and executing various early stages of my revival project.

Planned new layout for watercooling setup that entails radiator to be mounted on the case top facing the bottom, and cut necessary 120mm blowhole with ninja-like dremel skills (lol). Also while I was at it I cut out all the stupid factory grills that restrict airflow horribly. The holes will be sanded down needle-file style (that coincidental rhyme made my vision go black and i *almost* lost consciousness) tonight.

[blowhole pics tonight - at work]

I also purchased a can of Orange UV reactive spray paint at CompUSA because I remembered I saw it there. Orange to offset my glowing green water tubes...should look erie. Painted my two 80mm Stealths (silent *** fans---seriously ****ING SILENCE...WHOA HOLY ****...I'M TRAPPED IN THE PARENTHESIS...I CAN'T RETURN TO THE SENTENCE!!! NOOO!!!! WAIT..WHATS THIS THING DO...*pull*) whew..that was odd....anyways I painted my 80mms with the UV paint on the blades (masking off unwanted paint areas) The blades glowing should look good behind my 2 unoriginal--but at least accenting--black biohazard fan grills.

[fan pics tonight - at work]

I also masked off my entire case except for the inside metal and started sanding it to make it take the paint better. Hopefully I'll get to painting it tonight.

Also I've been toying with the idea of painting the inside a nice even flat black then putting the UV on top of that.....any thoughts on that from any of you?

I hope to have this post be a nice pictorial history of what I've done as I feel like it greatly adds to my productivity. It adds a bit of organization. Any thoughts, comments or questions positive or negative are always welcome.

Hope to update tonight!

Last edited:
I'm bored right now so I'll detail my H20 just so its here (sites I link to are arbitrary and are not where I purchased)--

Pump: Eheim 1250

http://www.lockepet.com/itm01001.htm

CPU Waterbock: TC-4 Aluminum Top

http://www.case-mod.com/store/produ...27&PHPSESSID=18a089ba1d2fa576a5884a75b355daea

GPU Waterblock: Danger Den Geforce WB

http://www.pureoc.com/DangerDenGFWB_1.asp

Radiator: Dtek Basic Heatercore and Shroud
Spraypainted Black by me

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/product.asp?0=205&1=226&3=91

Hardware setup in sig with upgrades arriving tomorrow.

Its good to hear Ive inspired you.

The project sounds really nice. Id like to see the orange UV paint on top of black. Might want to try it on a small scrap piece so you can test the effect before you go all out. A nice gloss black covering the inside would look very sleek and could very well emphasize what you want inside.

I look forward to pictures, its what keeps em commin back :)

Fushyuguru said:
Its good to hear Ive inspired you.

The project sounds really nice. Id like to see the orange UV paint on top of black. Might want to try it on a small scrap piece so you can test the effect before you go all out. A nice gloss black covering the inside would look very sleek and could very well emphasize what you want inside.

I look forward to pictures, its what keeps em commin back :)

I think uve been doin a lot of that fushy, all these projects have sprung up overnight including mine haha

Lazlo Panaflex said:

I think uve been doin a lot of that fushy, all these projects have sprung up overnight including mine haha

Na, cant be all me. Id like to think it was though. :D

Good luck on that wetsanding dude. Hope you dont mind sore arms, Its such a pain but looks soo good.

Been working hard to get this project done before school so I think I decided to just do one huge update with all the pics, cuz I've been takin' em I just have no computer to upload them to. (I'm at work now)

Primer coat went on, along with the first coat of black for all the panels, and I finished the interior painting....looks pretty nice--way nicer than the crappy steel color it was anyways.

Putting the final coat of paint on today after I wet-sand the old coat off, then I'm going to spray the interior with Orange UV paint and put a sealcoat on that.

Then it's onto the water.....

EXPECT A LOT OF PICS SOONER THAN LATER!

ps- My 8RDA+ Rev. 2.1(!) and 512MB Crucial PC3200 came!

Upgrades are sweet like candy

SAD UPDATE:

My 1600+ was killed by being accidentally started up without a heatsink :(

Order from newegg should be here by monday...at least I convinced myself to upgrade another part of my setup ;)

1700+

Last edited:
yeh, me neither, my guess is he had to yank the pics because he initially stated theyd only be up for 48 hours anyways.

Back