• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The dreaded RAM/motherboard compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAHawk

Registered
for My new build I bought the new ASRock Z390 Taichung Ultimate has
According to ASRock the6 list this as one of the types of RAM that’s works with this board

F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

I ended up buying this cause I wanted 32Gb, (16x2).

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GTZR

Now I assume the only difference is, one is an 8Gb stick and the other is a 16Gb stick, so what I bought will work.

Thank you

Are you asking if your choice of memory is compatible with the board? Since you ordered the memory, perhaps you can test it and let us know. :) I have not heard of any incompatibilities thus far.

LOL! I will:)
But reason I am asking is I found it on EBay at a good price but didn’t realize it is coming from China and will not be here for awhile so I am going to buy another set from NewEgg, so before I do would like know if it works.
Going to keep both pairs and have a total of 64Gb. Not planned this way but what the hell.

Thanks

I suspect you will have trouble running that amount of RAM at the full 3200 mhz rated frequency.

Back