• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the dumbest thing that happened to your pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

threeme2189

Drowning my sorrow and misery in apple juice
well this is a thread about the dumbest thing that happened to your pc.

so what is it?

for an example: today the O ring (black rubber ring) that connects the motor that moves the cd tray in and out on my dvd drive snapped. so i just rteplaced it with a regular rubber band and it works just fine.
stupid ASUS and their rubber rings instead of things that last :bang head

dropped it down my stair (15 of em, with a bend half way) then because that didnt scare the s**t outa my cat, she decides to scratch at the motherboard...it still works to this day...but never that reliable anymore, although it never was that reliable, seeing how it was a MDG built computer (acer board, p3, onboard 24mb video...yes 24mb)

Last edited:
spilling orange cream soda on my comp with the side panel off. My friends were shootin at me with a paintball gun

Albaholic said:
spilling orange cream soda on my comp with the side panel off. My friends were shootin at me with a paintball gun

like, you are at your PC, and your friends, behind you, in your room, at point blank range are shooting you with a paintball gun?! Wow, ouch! You have some nice friends! That must have scared the **** out of you! Kind of dangerous with no mask, too!

Uhm yeah...back by the end of 2002 i had a 2.0Ghz P4 in a huuuge heavy case and i myself wasnt yet very strong at the time so i dropped it once when carrying it to a LAN :/

Left a big dunk in the chassis but the hardware was fine.

Kevin007 said:
hardie har har har! It wasn't my fault...it said to move the jumper!

When i first read through that thread i was about to send you a pm about the matter but that seemed the situation, yes, in which you are not to blame.

I'm glad it was.

Stoanhart said:
like, you are at your PC, and your friends, behind you, in your room, at point blank range are shooting you with a paintball gun?! Wow, ouch! You have some nice friends! That must have scared the **** out of you! Kind of dangerous with no mask, too!
yeah, that was pretty much it, but it wasnt point blank, they were outside the door in the hallway. I dishwashed the mobo and dried it out for a week and it worked fine.

Sjaak said:
This morning one of the mosfets on my p4c800-e dlx blew for no apparant reason
well that doesnt look like its your fault or anything. Unless u cranked the voltage like a madman

Albaholic said:
well that doesnt look like its your fault or anything. Unless u cranked the voltage like a madman

I was running 1.55 vcore through my dothan so i'm afraid it was my mistake. However, i hope i just had a bad board.

Anyway, it made me run out and spend 150 on a new one barely an hour after.

Back