• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only negative I have is that the combat looks pretty mediocre. From watching the 20 minutes of gameplay, the reactions from any of the enemies after getting hit with a sword is pretty awful.

I agree but it seems that the 2 handed combat system looks a little off. i havent seen any one handed gameplay.

Just watched a video, seems exactly like Oblivion. This is definitely a 'wait for $20 Steam sale on the GOTY version' game for me :)

Just watched a video, seems exactly like Oblivion. This is definitely a 'wait for $20 Steam sale on the GOTY version' game for me :)

It's a day one for me, I know I'll love the game. The graphics look better but the Engine I think is DX10... No DX11. Elder Scrolls has usually been a console port ever since Morrowind, which was the best one IMO.

I'm getting this one on Xbox, and when the price drops to like $20 and there's some awesome mods out I'll get it on PC.

Yeah well I don't work for a bank or the government so I work on all the holidays except the big ones!

I don't think this thing is preloaded yet - is that correct? I have bought it in Steam but if I recall there wasn't an option to preload at least as of this weekend?

My school is the only school in my county that has school on friday!!! though Im starting to feel a little sick. *cough**cough*:p

I'm interested in the game, but definitely not a day1 purchase for me, I really want to see/read the reviews first. As the first few videos I've seen from the first 20 minutes I was not impressed.

I pretty much already covered it in my first reply in this thread, but to restate:

The combat looks mediocre at best (no reactions from being hit - when you have a successful hit you just see a fake blood slash mark, etc), as well as the textures looking low-res, the animations were meh. It didn't look too much better than Oblivion which came out... 5 years ago?

idk I like this game because of the story and content vs animations and textures the story line is never the same its just an all around epic game

I pretty much already covered it in my first reply in this thread, but to restate:

The combat looks mediocre at best (no reactions from being hit - when you have a successful hit you just see a fake blood slash mark, etc), as well as the textures looking low-res, the animations were meh. It didn't look too much better than Oblivion which came out... 5 years ago?
I agree, some of the videos it looks really clunky and some it looks a little better. The finishing moves look okay for the most part. But I still have to buy it day one ;) because I love there story telling

Back