• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OFFICIAL UT 2003 Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry didnt read everyones post but mainly the first 2..i thought the original UT spank quake3 and quake1 and 2 were nothing like the 3rd one..the third one they just messed up the series..i was a huge quake fan but then when i played UT quake3 just seemed really lame.hopefully quake will go back to its roots and build up upon it when there new quake game is released..you all pretty much got everything covered..iv only played the demo..iv been playing ut2k3 for almost 6 prior to it..in the demo i only get 40-55fps running around and 25-35 when major action to taking place..and the demo holds back on all the textures ...levels..etc that will be in the full game.

I found that when you have 100% adrenilan(sp), if you hit the forward button (the one you use to move forward) 3 - 4 times, you get speed. I know there are others, but I don't remember what they are. I know there is another key combo for speed too...

Also, has anyone tried the editor yet? I try to run it and it says that the format is unsupported... I tried re-installing it, but still no go....KAT says the it may not run under win98, that it was designed to run in win2k or XP?? WTF up with that? There are plenty of people out there still running 98... Think this could be a problem with the editor too?

UT Paint also dosen't seem to want to work right either... Maybe I"ll put a 2K install and see if I can get them to work..

palee72 said:
I found that when you have 100% adrenilan(sp), if you hit the forward button (the one you use to move forward) 3 - 4 times, you get speed. I know there are others, but I don't remember what they are. I know there is another key combo for speed too...

Also, has anyone tried the editor yet? I try to run it and it says that the format is unsupported... I tried re-installing it, but still no go....KAT says the it may not run under win98, that it was designed to run in win2k or XP?? WTF up with that? There are plenty of people out there still running 98... Think this could be a problem with the editor too?

UT Paint also dosen't seem to want to work right either... Maybe I"ll put a 2K install and see if I can get them to work..

There's patches out now to fix many of the problems with win98. You can download them here. :)
http://unreal.epicgames.com/

LOL.. its funny. Right after I posted my last message, I thought, "maybe I should look for patches"... but I haven't yet. Thanks for the link, I'll let everyone know my results when I get around to it... Going to a wedding this weekend out of state so I won't be around much.

:::wonders, "what am I going to do? No OC Forums to read, no PC to play with, no UT2K3 to play... gonna have to take my crappy laptop and play worms 2 on it I guess:::

palee72 said:

Invisibility: RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, LEFT
Berserk (double rate of fire): FORWARD, FORWARD, BACK, BACK
Regenerate health and Sheilds: BACK, BACK, BACK, BACK
Speed: FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD, FORWARD

I just installed the patch on both the client and the server. Just a couple of things I noticed:

You can now control your HUD better and adjust its transparency.

Maximum rocket load is down to 30 from 48.

The wildcard function in the buddy list seems to work fine.

Has anyone been able to get the "throw weapon" function to work? I think it MIGHT work when weapon stay is NOT turned on. I'll have to test that out.

Anyone else notice any other differences?

UT 2k3 is pretty kik ***, I like the new assault riffle but prefered dbl enforcer MUHAHAHAHA.....and err wtf is that lightenin gun its poooor!!! SNIPPER SNIPPER SNIPPER!!!

All I get is an X from the pic Maxvla posted, I got the lines that he posted from cjreis. and its kick ***, I only have the Demo version of UT but will take a pic of the redeemer explosion. It looks like a mini-nuke and the effect is really awesome, if it explodes anywhere near you, you either get killed from the explosion or just getting blown away from the place you're standing on into a wall or into a bottom less pit :p
Gonna get and post a pic of it today

mbigna said:
I just installed the patch on both the client and the server. Just a couple of things I noticed:

You can now control your HUD better and adjust its transparency.

Maximum rocket load is down to 30 from 48.

The wildcard function in the buddy list seems to work fine.

Has anyone been able to get the "throw weapon" function to work? I think it MIGHT work when weapon stay is NOT turned on. I'll have to test that out.

Anyone else notice any other differences?

You could also set HUD transparency in UT1, but UT2 does give more adjustment options indeed.

I have ThrowWeapon bound to backspace with a TeamSay added to it using the User.ini file... it works fine.

mr-nsf said:
UT 2k3 is pretty kik ***, I like the new assault riffle but prefered dbl enforcer MUHAHAHAHA.....and err wtf is that lightenin gun its poooor!!! SNIPPER SNIPPER SNIPPER!!!

LOL the Lighning Gun is *at least* as strong as the sniper rifle was. Ownage weapon!

The assault rifle is for re-spawning n00bs IMHO... in any serious TDM it will do little good. heheh.

I posted this in other threads too, but my clan has a UT server up. Leased gaming server on dual OC48/quad OC192 connections. Guaranteed sub-100ms ping anywhere in North America, probably western Europe too. I play there as [NN]MyelinSheath and most of the [NN] guys are admins. The server has a 16 player capacity.

NumbNutz
66.151.180.73:7787

Right now it's running CTF-only with instagib mutator. w00t!

donny_paycheck said:
I posted this in other threads too, but my clan has a UT server up. Leased gaming server on dual OC48/quad OC192 connections. Guaranteed sub-100ms ping anywhere in North America, probably western Europe too. I play there as [NN]MyelinSheath and most of the [NN] guys are admins. The server has a 16 player capacity.

NumbNutz
66.151.180.73:7787

Right now it's running CTF-only with instagib mutator. w00t!

Mhhh too bad you don't run NW DM/TDM... :>

The Coolest said:
All I get is an X from the pic Maxvla posted, I got the lines that he posted from cjreis. and its kick ***, I only have the Demo version of UT but will take a pic of the redeemer explosion. It looks like a mini-nuke and the effect is really awesome, if it explodes anywhere near you, you either get killed from the explosion or just getting blown away from the place you're standing on into a wall or into a bottom less pit :p
Gonna get and post a pic of it today
i probably took it off the server.

it was a pic of me having about 800 frags in about 15 minutes.

I don't really see why instagib is so popular... I find it to be incredibly boring. Maps lose a lot of tactical relevance and weapon skill is reduced to 1 predictable blast that always kills when it hits... bah.

Back