• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Phenom II Master is Back Live LN2 4/15/2011

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@Rabid, you will be going to the same school I am at :D, small world. PM sent to you

@Mike, there are a lot of threads about 101 Dry Ice in the Extreme Cooling section. The guys here are more than capable of helping you get started. As far as what has changed with DI, nothing. Its still set the pot, make sure the insulation is good, and bench for crazy amount of hours.

OK I'm reading though it all , thanks , i have seen your articles on other sites , really looking forward to see this. My son will get home from school just in time also , we built this PC together our first , we are in the process of collecting old PC's from around our area , and building a testing table , i have a few friends i can ask for help, but this site has all the answers.
Our 89GTD is great.. will be very interesting !

A quick cheat sheet:

1) Start with something you won't miss too terribly if it goes BOOM. It probably won't, but still.

2) Make sure all the heatsinks are making good contact, ask Chance if you want to know what happens if they aren't. I mention this because you can dislodge them trying to stuff eraser under them.

3) If things suddenly go wonky during testing and won't run at settings you know for a fact used to work, shut down immediately. Something got wet.

4) ice does not conduct for beans, it's safe.

5) Water is death to shiny things, bare metal contacts, pins, etc.

A quick cheat sheet:

1) Start with something you won't miss too terribly if it goes BOOM. It probably won't, but still.

2) Make sure all the heatsinks are making good contact, ask Chance if you want to know what happens if they aren't. I mention this because you can dislodge them trying to stuff eraser under them.

2.a) There is no need whatsoever for you to use kneaded eraser on AM3 socket motherboards. You can get the same level of insulation/protection by using FrostKing... Same protection - Less hassle = FTW

3) If things suddenly go wonky during testing and won't run at settings you know for a fact used to work, shut down immediately. Something got wet.

4) ice does not conduct for beans, it's safe.

5) Water is death to shiny things, bare metal contacts, pins, etc.

There you go Ed... Fixed that for you.... ;)

I always use Kneed Eraser and Frost king in combination. I don't trust Frost King completely, and Kneed completely blocks out all attempts of condensation getting into the sockets.

THE EVENT IS CANCELLED!!

I just got a call from the AirGas in Rolla. My order for the 20L cannot be filled because a Medical facility needs it.

The local AirGas will not have anything until next week :(

THE EVENT IS CANCELLED!!

I just got a call from the AirGas in Rolla. My order for the 20L cannot be filled because a Medical facility needs it.

Two words: Dry Ice. You will not be able to join the 7GHz club on DICE, but it will still be fun. :)

There is no Dry Ice in the small town of Rolla, only LN2.

Seriously, I've checked everywhere.

Oh come on man... I found at least six places within 100 miles of Rolla where you could get Dry Ice....

:rofl:

I'm not driving 50 miles for Dice, I could do that for LN2, but its not worth it.

THE EVENT IS CANCELLED!!

What the hell does a medical facility actually use Ln2 for?

Back