• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The PS3 Has Finally Started to Annoy Me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You heard it here first. I'm predicting the game that has been delayed 3 years now, Gran Turismo 5 to be an EPIC fail. I'm sure it will sell well and the the IGNs and Gamespots of the world will be giving themselves handies over it but it will suck, just like GTA4 did.

One game that rules on the PS3 is MLB the Show.

I didn't really see much difference in Burnout on PS3 vs 360.

You heard it here first. I'm predicting the game that has been delayed 3 years now, Gran Turismo 5 to be an EPIC fail. I'm sure it will sell well and the the IGNs and Gamespots of the world will be giving themselves handies over it but it will suck, just like GTA4 did.

So basically, what you're saying is the game won't live up to your standards, and so it will be an "EPIC" fail.

Hmm. Seems to me you're a bit delusional.

So basically, what you're saying is the game won't live up to your standards, and so it will be an "EPIC" fail.

Hmm. Seems to me you're a bit delusional.

No, ask anybody who has played through GTA4. The graphics were subpar, the gameplay was repetitive, Nikko was annoying and when finished with the game you were left with a giant "meh" yet every damned publication gave it a perfect 10 score.

GT5 will simply be unable to live up to the hype regardless of how good it is, just as Spore didn't although I find it hard to believe it could possible blow chunks as much as spore did. I felt the same way about "the Movies" and I'm sure Duke Nukem If-ever will be the same way too.

Last edited:
I think it could be because of the stigmatism in my left eye (combined with the fact that I've needed new glasses for a REALLY long time.)

Sorry I had to be the person who points this out, but "stigmatism" means either you are marked with the stigmata (I hope not) or you have normal eyesight. I believe you mean you have "astigmatism."

Well you can ask me, and I'll say that I liked GTA IV. If it gets good reviews and it gets high sales then it's probably a good game.

Well you can ask me, and I'll say that I liked GTA IV. If it gets good reviews and it gets high sales then it's probably a good game.

It was a step backwards from San Andreas and several steps below the 2 Saints Row games. It sold on pure hype. There were bajillions of preorders for it. If you were satisfied with that flaccid effort then you're much easier to please than me.

Rainless,

Honestly I don't think Killzone 2, at least online, is very good at all. To make things worse, you can't even play it in 1080 resolution.

As for Killzone 2 graphics, I think it's HORRIBLE on my eyes. The graphics might be "good" but I think they are dirty *** graphics, there's just something funny about them where it just looks crap. Even in 720p. I dunno, there's just something not right about that game. The aim ****es me off too. It's a fun game, but not for that long.

I also wanna say that I usually have no issues playing COD4 on the PS3 on 480p for hours at a time, even on a relatively large TV for 480p. I have a astigmatism too.

Sorry I had to be the person who points this out, but "stigmatism" means either you are marked with the stigmata (I hope not) or you have normal eyesight. I believe you mean you have "astigmatism."

They only named it that to screw me out of my Stigmata.

You heard it here first. I'm predicting the game that has been delayed 3 years now, Gran Turismo 5 to be an EPIC fail.

We'll file that one away with your prediction that all the Bluray lasers in the PS3 would fail, that Sony would be bankrupt by 2007, and that Tony the Tiger would sell auto insurance. :p

BluRay lasers ARE failing, just not in the numbers I expected.....yet. I set no date on Sony's Bankruptcy and it may yet happen this year..... Tigers.... Gekkos..... meh, so I was a bit off on the animal... :beer:

Rainless,

Honestly I don't think Killzone 2, at least online, is very good at all. To make things worse, you can't even play it in 1080 resolution.

As for Killzone 2 graphics, I think it's HORRIBLE on my eyes. The graphics might be "good" but I think they are dirty *** graphics, there's just something funny about them where it just looks crap. Even in 720p. I dunno, there's just something not right about that game. The aim ****es me off too. It's a fun game, but not for that long.

I also wanna say that I usually have no issues playing COD4 on the PS3 on 480p for hours at a time, even on a relatively large TV for 480p. I have a astigmatism too.

Well... like I said... it's the way they chose to address anti-aliasing.

I'm over it now... It took about a week for my eyes to adjust.. but now I'm averaging about 22 kills a game.

The single player by no means has me glued to my seat... but I've seen some INCREDIBLE things happen online.

Switch the game off of "My Rank" to "Any Rank" in the search options and you'll see what I mean.

Well... like I said... it's the way they chose to address anti-aliasing.

I'm over it now... It took about a week for my eyes to adjust.. but now I'm averaging about 22 kills a game.

The single player by no means has me glued to my seat... but I've seen some INCREDIBLE things happen online.

Switch the game off of "My Rank" to "Any Rank" in the search options and you'll see what I mean.

"That a way baby!"

I'll have to try that setting then. The thing that has disappointed me most in the online was the lag between the time you kill someone, and the time it registers. It seems like people in 1v1 firefights both kill eachother too often.

not every one is going to have this problem
it depends on the person and the degree their eye sight is in.

its like fingernails on a chalk board, hearing it for me doesent bother me but doing it is a whole nother story

it bothers me just thinking about it :p
there's a comparison on gamespot.com
here they are

EDIT: more recent games are compared in round 3+4. games in roudn 1+2 are SO shabby lol

round 1
http://au.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html
round 2
http://au.gamespot.com/features/6171831/index.html
round 3
http://au.gamespot.com/features/6191251/index.html
round 4
http://au.gamespot.com/features/6201700/index.html

the 360 has the better textures and better colours. the ps3 looks too dull compared to it.
wonder how the ps3 would do without the blu ray drive. :santa:

Started getting movies for the PS3 last night through the DL service very nice. I love this entertainment system:cool: I think it plays games too:)

This is the last post that should need to be made on this subject:

You guys are a little too political about this. Video game consoles are supposed to be a leisure relaxing experience, not something to get hot headed about. Try to remember that a gamer is a gamer, and not a "Playstation Guy" or an "Xbox Guy". If someone is close/narrow minded to think one console is better than the other and the other console is garbage, then that's their cross to bear. And quite a cross it is, indeed. For they will be the unfortunate person to not be able to enjoy games of all genres and executions.

Killzone 2 is not Halo 3, neither is the vice versa. Does that make either one a better experience than the other? No. Yet I enjoy both games fully. What Halo 3 lacks in graphical muscle, it makes up for in raw physics, action engine and multi player experience. There's never been an offline multi-player game that me and my friends have been able to play consistently for so long, as much as Halo or any rendition of it. With that being said, the single player and graphical experience of Killzone 2 puts to shame any game I've played to date on any console.

I don't hold loyalties to Microsoft or Sony. My only loyalties are to: a) What I can afford that I see value in, and b) The games I enjoy and find comfort playing.

The whole graphics argument- I hate to break it to you, but back in the day, SNES had better graphics than Genesis. Sega Saturn had better graphics than Playstation. Nintendo 64 had better graphics than either. Xbox was graphically superior than Gamecube, which in turn was graphically superior than Playstation 2.

Ironically, none of those facts contributed to the selling power of each system. What counted the most, even for the systems with the most graphic power that succeeded, was third party support. The Nintendo 64 was a monster graphically, yet it failed miserably by traditional standards and almost drove Nintendo out of the console wars and even drove Squaresoft into the arms of Sony.

And no, 360 non-exclusives aren't "ported" to PS3, neither are PS3 non-exclusives. Whoever is making that judgment has no idea what they're talking about and I don't care how much that offends them. The two systems have completely different types of programming and hardware and anyone that's programmed for even a few days knows that you can't just "port" something, unless the engines both systems use are similar enough that the code can be copied over. PC and 360 share a lot of "ports" because the Xbox 360 uses a rendition of DirectX for its graphics properties, hence why a lot of people called it a PC Gaming Console.

The reason a lot of non-exclusives look better on 360 than PS3 is quite simple: The 360 had an extra year of development ahead of the PS3 for people to get used to, and those same developers had even more years of development practice using DirectX. Those are two combined efforts which lead to the graphics on 360 being more "refined" than the PS3's.

EDIT: And while Xbox 360 does share that advantage, as a dual console owner I have to point my "fellow 360 owners" to one huge flaw the Xbox 360 has that will hold it back for its entire lifespan: It had a SKU that had no internal memory. Because of that, developers will always have to design games for the Xbox 360 that can run on only the DVD drive. These storage limitations are what cause a lot of PS3 games to load faster and run quieter as a system in comparison. Microsoft took one of its hugest advantages that it had when the first Xbox was released, and killed it by making a "budget" SKU with no hard drive. Because the PS3 has every sku with a hard drive and its fitted with a BluRay drive in every SKU, developers for Sony are free to use whatever storage manipulation techniques they can to make use of compression, single-disc formats, installation and the like.

So trust me, they really are on par with each other technically.

Lastly, play what you enjoy and stop making it a personal concern of yours to "defend" your system. You don't get paid for it, you're not Sony's or Microsoft's PR Representative and you're not going to bring anyone to the dark/light side by flaming them or making ad hominem arguments against the "monopolithic" Microsoft or the "complicated" Sony.

The only discussions of either system should be objective arguments based on the real differences between multi-platform games and not even why one system has more features than the other for a particular title.

If developers are ignorant enough to think putting exclusive downloadable content on the 360 rather than the PS3 is somehow a good decision, then that's their cross to bear. This isn't the first, and I'm sure it won't be the last time, I have to take subliminal shots against the likes of Rockstar. That developer has wedged a spike in their side and chipped their shoulder for the worst for quite some years now.

You guys are a little too political about this. Video game consoles are supposed to be a leisure relaxing experience, not something to get hot headed about. Try to remember that a gamer is a gamer, and not a "Playstation Guy" or an "Xbox Guy". If someone is close/narrow minded to think one console is better than the other and the other console is garbage, then that's their cross to bear. And quite a cross it is, indeed. For they will be the unfortunate person to not be able to enjoy games of all genres and executions.

Killzone 2 is not Halo 3, neither is the vice versa. Does that make either one a better experience than the other? No. Yet I enjoy both games fully. What Halo 3 lacks in graphical muscle, it makes up for in raw physics, action engine and multi player experience. There's never been an offline multi-player game that me and my friends have been able to play consistently for so long, as much as Halo or any rendition of it. With that being said, the single player and graphical experience of Killzone 2 puts to shame any game I've played to date on any console.

I don't hold loyalties to Microsoft or Sony. My only loyalties are to: a) What I can afford that I see value in, and b) The games I enjoy and find comfort playing.

The whole graphics argument- I hate to break it to you, but back in the day, SNES had better graphics than Genesis. Sega Saturn had better graphics than Playstation. Nintendo 64 had better graphics than either. Xbox was graphically superior than Gamecube, which in turn was graphically superior than Playstation 2.

Ironically, none of those facts contributed to the selling power of each system. What counted the most, even for the systems with the most graphic power that succeeded, was third party support. The Nintendo 64 was a monster graphically, yet it failed miserably by traditional standards and almost drove Nintendo out of the console wars and even drove Squaresoft into the arms of Sony.

And no, 360 non-exclusives aren't "ported" to PS3, neither are PS3 non-exclusives. Whoever is making that judgment has no idea what they're talking about and I don't care how much that offends them. The two systems have completely different types of programming and hardware and anyone that's programmed for even a few days knows that you can't just "port" something, unless the engines both systems use are similar enough that the code can be copied over. PC and 360 share a lot of "ports" because the Xbox 360 uses a rendition of DirectX for its graphics properties, hence why a lot of people called it a PC Gaming Console.

The reason a lot of non-exclusives look better on 360 than PS3 is quite simple: The 360 had an extra year of development ahead of the PS3 for people to get used to, and those same developers had even more years of development practice using DirectX. Those are two combined efforts which lead to the graphics on 360 being more "refined" than the PS3's.

EDIT: And while Xbox 360 does share that advantage, as a dual console owner I have to point my "fellow 360 owners" to one huge flaw the Xbox 360 has that will hold it back for its entire lifespan: It had a SKU that had no internal memory. Because of that, developers will always have to design games for the Xbox 360 that can run on only the DVD drive. These storage limitations are what cause a lot of PS3 games to load faster and run quieter as a system in comparison. Microsoft took one of its hugest advantages that it had when the first Xbox was released, and killed it by making a "budget" SKU with no hard drive. Because the PS3 has every sku with a hard drive and its fitted with a BluRay drive in every SKU, developers for Sony are free to use whatever storage manipulation techniques they can to make use of compression, single-disc formats, installation and the like.

So trust me, they really are on par with each other technically.

Lastly, play what you enjoy and stop making it a personal concern of yours to "defend" your system. You don't get paid for it, you're not Sony's or Microsoft's PR Representative and you're not going to bring anyone to the dark/light side by flaming them or making ad hominem arguments against the "monopolithic" Microsoft or the "complicated" Sony.

The only discussions of either system should be objective arguments based on the real differences between multi-platform games and not even why one system has more features than the other for a particular title.

If developers are ignorant enough to think putting exclusive downloadable content on the 360 rather than the PS3 is somehow a good decision, then that's their cross to bear. This isn't the first, and I'm sure it won't be the last time, I have to take subliminal shots against the likes of Rockstar. That developer has wedged a spike in their side and chipped their shoulder for the worst for quite some years now.

This post wont stop anything I love my PS3 not because it is better but because I paid for it and fixed my buyers remorse with a Wii. If I had bought the XBOX the situation would have been the same. And I really think the problem is buyers remorse in a lot of cases people need to realize the systems are meant for two different audiences the PS3 primarily for home entertainment and the XBOX primarily for games although both have moved closer to each other at this point. I am disappointed with both as to the lack of decent games that can be played with children in mind. That is why I also have a Wii and I think if those with all of these problems would buy a Wii then they would not feel so bad about their purchase and feel they need to justify their purchase by trashing the other guy because the grass aint no greener and that is a fact.

I have all 3 systems just as I've had every system for the last 25 years with the exception of the shockingly expensive Neo Geo......

Out of each generation I've had my favorite system. In the pre-8-bit days it was the Colecovision, in the 8-bit era it was the NES, in the 16-bit era it was the Genesis, in the 32/64 bit era it was the Playstation, regardless of reliability and in the previous to now generation it was the Xbox but DAMN the Dreamcast was close..... and in the latest generation it is the 360. That's not to say that I hate the PS3, it happens to be the better media machine (Divx and BD movies) but the 360 is the better gaming console in my opinion and that seems to be what the majority of the people think as well.

Oh, and you're wrong about the ports. They do port over a lot of games to the PS3 with the 360 being the lead development console. Remember both have PPC CPUs and even though one is ATI with more memory and one is Nvidia they both have similar architectures in the GPU as well.

That being said I totally agree that it was stupid to make the arcade/core unit with no hard drive just so they could compete with the fun but technologically inferior Wii. Much much much dumber than Sony throwing in the "me too" motion controls on the rumbleless six-axis. Do any games even use that any more?

Well thanks for putting the final word in on MY thread... Why don't you tell me where you work so I can tell your boss you quit? :p

Sad to see many people hung up on the graphics of a game.

Come on guys, good graphics or not, the quality of the game is what matters! Is X-Wing a crappy game because it doesn't have 3D Bump Mapping? Is Goldeneye 64 a crappy game because of a low polygon count? No! If you like the damned game, play the game. If you don't, don't play it. If you're hung up on the graphics, then you're not a gamer, you just like shiny things.

Graphics are a great way to create immersion, as is good sound and a good story. However, graphics isn't necessary, and this can easily be proven by the games we love in our past. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are fantastic games that look like crap, and yet today you pick them up and they're just as fun as they were! You can still be immersed, despite the traingle boobs of Xenya Onatop. And while the reload animations look like crap, Perfect Dark is no less of a great game because of it.

I can appreciate you guys liking good looking games, but its not always important, especially when its a great game like Killzone 2

Back