• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Sims 2 anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fun game.. very addictive.. I can run it just fin on my 9500pro (p4 3.0c 1 gig ram) on whatever the defaut settings are.

My brother plays just fine on low detail with his XP2700 and MX440.

Amino said:
I love the game. I've been playing it the entire day and I haven't even played with my sims. I've just been building my dream home.

BTW, does anyone know how you shut off the aging feature? I heard u can turn it off.

Only way I know is getting enough of those points or what not and getting that elixar deaging drink thing. To bad it can only be used like 5 times if not mistaken. Takes 3-5 days off your age, wish it would take more would love for my sims that I have right now not to age much.

Does anyone know how this would run on a TI4200 128MB, XP-M @2300, 512MB? I think that my girlfriend might like something like this, but I don't want to get it if she won't be able to run it decently.

ssprncvegeta said:
**Editing the quote . . . again -- Oni :sn:**

talk of illegal software is not allowed here.

unless you are walking to the store with a stop watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Panzerknacker said:
Well, I'm going to run it on my Ti500, and if it doesnt run good the game sucks total *** because Doom 3 does run good.

So just because a game doesnt run on your outdated hardware it sucks?...lol - Doom III was also designed to run on older systems - but it cant run that great!

Played the original and all the expansions except for making magic. The sequel looks really nice, playable on a 9600XT/AMD2500-M @ 2.1. Very playable on a 9800PRO/P42.4 @ 3.2. Things I miss: the pets, the robot slave, the sad clown that I like to torment aka wall in. Also with the whole aging thing, it seems like a race against time to not get dead :( First thing I did was make a whole house of 8 Agent Smiths doing the law enforcement job haha.

KxrWireless, that agent smith idea is hilarius.. you've got to post a screenie in here of that. Anyway, yea this game is bomb. I played the original one like 6 or 7 years ago and got my lil sister hooked on it. She's been counting down the days until they released Sims 2 two days ago. I built her a new pc just for it and am surprised as other have mentioned that the game does tax your system. She's got a amd64 @ 2.2ghz, ati 9800pro-> xt, 512ram, 74gb wd raptor, and i run the game @ 1600x1200 due to lcd screen and the game lags at times for sure.
I am really glad tho they improved on the graphics as the game is a lot more immersive. I think its way more addicting then the first due to how the game runs more realistically now. The older sims got boring at one point or another ( should I say after hundreds of hours of playing) but this sequel, even after just playing it for like 5 or so hours, it seems a lot more dynamic in a lot of ways.

I guess thats all i gotta say. For a lot of people this game for sure was the most anticipated game of the year, not d3 or hl2. Maxis/ea delivered.

acesea said:
KxrWireless, that agent smith idea is hilarius.. you've got to post a screenie in here of that. Anyway, yea this game is bomb. I played the original one like 6 or 7 years ago and got my lil sister hooked on it. She's been counting down the days until they released Sims 2 two days ago. I built her a new pc just for it and am surprised as other have mentioned that the game does tax your system. She's got a amd64 @ 2.2ghz, ati 9800pro-> xt, 512ram, 74gb wd raptor, and i run the game @ 1600x1200 due to lcd screen and the game lags at times for sure.
I am really glad tho they improved on the graphics as the game is a lot more immersive. I think its way more addicting then the first due to how the game runs more realistically now. The older sims got boring at one point or another ( should I say after hundreds of hours of playing) but this sequel, even after just playing it for like 5 or so hours, it seems a lot more dynamic in a lot of ways.

I guess thats all i gotta say. For a lot of people this game for sure was the most anticipated game of the year, not d3 or hl2. Maxis/ea delivered.

Yea so was my sister. I picked it up for her on the day of the release. Im surpised it hasnt gotten more air time then it has. From what I hear not many people know its out.

Mr.Guvernment said:
So just because a game doesnt run on your outdated hardware it sucks?...lol - Doom III was also designed to run on older systems - but it cant run that great!

Well, Doom 3 DOES run great, with that I mean I'm getting 40-60 fps @ low quality 640x480. So that means the Sims 2 does have to run good as well, I'm not saying it has to run @ high detail. If it apears to run like crap, it means that the game sucks, because it says 600mhz with 32mb 3D card in the minimum system requirements. U got me now?

Welp I got the game the other day, and I have only just managed to create a couple and build a small house and start off.

Because I was new to the whole sims experience I went in and did the tuts and then went into one of the pre-built already lived in neighbourhood homes and ran with the family in it for a while :)

Now I am getting into the game and running my own couple :)

The game is extremely system resource intensive as many have stated.
I seem to be doing ok though with my system.
I have it at medium settings on 1024/768 res with the computer that's in my stats :)

This game will probably have me addicted in no time, which is great really, because with me, it's anything to get my mind of the wait for HALF LIFE 2 :)

Game On!!!

[PS] To give you some idea of how addictive this game is, I was in my local town centre today, and went into my local GAME shop and found-and-bought a copy of the, "Prima official Game Guide" it's almost as big as a comic book and as thick as a novel lol; cost me £12:50 :(

I don't normally buy game guides like that, but this game is massive in content

It's kinda of weird really, I mean I am a bloke, a mans man :) and I would never of dreamed that I would be entertained by a game like this, that's why I stayed well clear of Sims 1.

BUT!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Panzerknacker said:
Well, Doom 3 DOES run great, with that I mean I'm getting 40-60 fps @ low quality 640x480. So that means the Sims 2 does have to run good as well, I'm not saying it has to run @ high detail. If it apears to run like crap, it means that the game sucks, because it says 600mhz with 32mb 3D card in the minimum system requirements. U got me now?

yeah can understand that - but the "min" requirement i dont think these companies mean it is going to look good - they say that as the min where people can abrely play - so they lower the specs as low as they possibly can - and then mroe people with older systems will by the products

if anything the "ideal' or "recommended" specs should be the min for alot of these game companies.

Mr.Guvernment said:
talk of illegal software is not allowed here.

unless you are walking to the store with a stop watch.
i was online at the internet cafe at the mall Potomic Mills Mall in Woodbridge, Virginia. they opened the mall early (before the stores, only the breakfast food stores and clothes stores were open, as usually) and i was waiting for EB to open. the guy said the store would open in 7 and a half minutes, so i quoted him. would you like me to post a 200DPI scan of my receipt?

Last edited:
thanks for falsely accusing me before i could.;)

i was expecting an apology, but i've come to not expect it from this forum's mods and members.
ohdear.gif

Back