• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Paste nowadays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whitefang

So I'm looking for new thermal paste, as I lost my bottle of artic silver grease. I was looking to buy from future shop or best buy, as they'll be nice as quick. They have something called "startech heatgrease 20" or something like that, but I can't find any reviews on it. Thoughts?

I don't mind ordering off the net, since I'll most likely get a better paste there, but if the one the stores offer is good enough, I'll deal with that. I'm not looking to do much, if any, overclocking. Just need something to run at stock.

If you can't find reviews on a thermal paste, its crap. There are lots of pastes out there and the reputable ones are known about.

Depends what they have in stock locally. If they had arctic silver I'd buy that, as they are unlikely to have anything less mainstream that is quality.

But I would just buy online, as you could probably save some money - these are the kinds of things that are often really overpriced in B&M stores.

If you want the best of best then buy this "Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra" its what the members are using. To delid there 3570k or 3770k CPU's great stuff, but be-careful how you use it! AJ.

Merry Xmas I.M.O.G.

For starters

AS-5 is cheap
MX-4 and MX-2 is even better.
PK-1 also even better (but cost a little more)

then there's
Liquid metal pads, but these are conductive! so need to apply very carefully.
Performance wise, I think liquid metal pads are best for now in the TIM market.

I like MX-2. It's cheap and very easy to apply/remove. It also performs well.

If you're looking locally and don't mind paying too much for them, Radio Shack carries both AS:5 and AS:Ceramique.

Ceramique is still my preferred TIM bought the huge tube been using it for ages now. The NH-1 from Noctua isnt bad either. I've also recently tried the HE Grease from Phoyba and must say its pretty darn good

Back