• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FnB

Registered
About to buy some thermal paste for the first time in a long time. What would currently be the best?
Arctic Silver 5 was (a long time ago), but is it still?

My preference is Artic MX4. I am sure there are better pastes, but they are usually more expensive

Gelid GC Extreme is up there, but from all the tests, a Kryonaut may be the top dog now.

any of the three mentioned is going to suit you just fine. I don't like a paste that's too thick, especially for things like a GPU or laptop (or any direct die application), so that's also worth considering.

AS5 is OK. Just a couple of C off the top ones. I like MX4 as well, good price, average performance, easy application. I've got a turkey baster sized tube, lol.

I buy the 20g tubes as well. lasts for a while

It's only going to be for the cpu, so thanks for the info.

I personally didn't have any problems with AS5 myself, and would probably still be using it but I ran out. It is a bit application sensitive, probably wont get it right the first few times. I started using Chill Factor 3 that came with my Thermalright coolers. I liked it, performed a little better than AS5 but without all the fuss.. until I ran out. I decided to try Thermalright's TF8 paste, its not their best, and not their worst, and fit my budget at the moment. It is definitely better than AS5 and CF3 :D And by the looks of it, slightly better than Kryonaut, at least on paper.. I have it on my CPU and GPU with no complaints.

https://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/products/16-kryonaut-en

http://thermalright.com/product/tf8-thermal-paste-5-8g/

Unfortunately I had to go with AS5 :(
The store I was making an on line order from (other things as well) just had next to no options, and what they did have none of you mentioned as good.
Only one of the stores I was looking at had Kryonaut Thermal Grizzly , but they missed my order by not being open on a Saturday to take a phone call.
Thanks for the help though.

Back