• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Independant GPU Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In through the front of the unit out the back.

They are fine, but I would just rather have a better (more powerful) PSU. The money you would spend on that unit + selling your old would net you something better.

If that's really 450W at 12V then that's pretty cool. You could use a modest PSU, like a lower wattage earth watts or something and then still have this 30+ amp beast. Would be good for peltiers too I'd think. Much better on the price than those "dedicated" supplies people get for pelts and probably just as good if it can power something as power hungry and sensitive as a video card.

I ges you could open it up and turn the fans around but your probably right in saying better off buying that stronger PSU, this seems like a sort of gap fill until you realize that your indeed in need of a stronger PSU but still...

yes I know but I wouldnt want extra hot air blowing into my CPU, turning it around would aid in the removal of hot air if anything as I have noticed that that part of my case is the only place with restricted airflow, I have an antec 300 with 2 spare drive bays

I doubt it would matter much really. I would rather have the warranty in tact and lose 1-2C on my CPU temps.

Back