• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Level 10 case with Mach II Gt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exempt

Hey everyone, I've been debating whether or not to buy the Thermaltake Level 10 case, it's ridiculously sexy, but at $670 for an empty case, it is a lot. My largest qualm is that I still have and use my modded mach II gt cooling system, and no way I chop it up, I don't think I can get phase change to work in that case. So my question is, does anyone see a way to get a mach II unit to work with it? Possibly mod the mach II case to still be underneath it? oooooOOOr , is sub zero cooling even worth it these days? I am running the I7 975 extreme overclocked to 4.2ghz , but I hear some people do this on air, but regardless, I am beginning to think it's not even necessary since technology is so darned fast. I know on air I could get a solid 3.8ghz all day long, as long as my GemeniII S fits or my Zalman CNPS9700 NT fits in it ( i hear some HSF don't fit well) so I guess I am just asking for some opinions/suggestions... that case is so sexy...

Thanks for the time :)

(Also does a corsair 1000 watt PSU fit in the thermaltake case? I hear there are problems with larger PSUs fitting in it)

See the case here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5550536&CatId=1510

I really dont know why ppl buy this case. seriously. I would buy a brand new 5970 than this...
I would say dont waste ur money on that case and buy a reasonable one like TJ07 or Antec 1200

But this is my opinion.
I made a 30$ wood case that fit my need really well:) but im poor (student) and if i can save some money i will :)

Because it's dead sexy ! It's a piece of art, it would look killer next to my dual Dell 30" ! But I'm still runnin two 4890s seems the 5970 Is not a universe better than what I'm running , well I dunno , but maybe the case aaannd the 5970

5970 destroy 2 4890

Funny thing is, I can't find one review, that has a SINGLE 5970 and a CROSSFIRED 4890's against each other. I know that since I bought the 4890's They are good cards in crossfire dont get me wrong, but honestly playing at 2560x1600, the FPS can drop in games like Fallout 3 , crysis warhead, drastically.

As for the case, I think I am going to order it tomorrow, I can get it for 656.00 with free shipping, I'll most likely sell the rest of my mach II gt's and vapochill units, I think I'm over it, I want practicality over raw brutal overclocks, I turn the system on for like an hour and game, then shut it down for a couple weeks lol.

I'll save the vid card until Nvidia comes out with a contender, and if not Ill just nab two 5970s..

Uhm.... a 5970 is a crossfired 5870... It's just all on one PCB and down clocked slightly. So it's pretty close to the same thing. Except the connection is probably faster between the 2 GPUs on the 5970 vs across the PCI-e lanes and CF bridge. So... a 5870 is better then a 5850 and a 5970 = 2x 5870's therefore a 5970 is wayyy better then 2 5850's (theoretically). =) and it actually costs about the same to get a 5970 as it does to get 2 5850's. I am not made of money... so the Level 10 seems highly ridiculous, although it's is very cool looking. I'd rather get a Lian Li PC-80r or PC-80, or Antec 1200, Cosmos 1000, etc...

Last edited:
Back