• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS. Coolingany good with this case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cswann821

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm getting ready for a new build, and am torn between 3 cases. I was planning on just going wih COOLER MASTER HAF X or Corsair Obsidian Series 800D , but then I found the... Thermaltake Level 10 GT. This thing looks so different i'ts really caught my eye. Plus I love the fan filters!!

My question is that the Thermaltake comes in a LCS version..which has liquid cooling setup in it already. Does anyone know if this is worth it? is it anygood? I was originally going to go with one of the Corsair cooling kit (100HD). I've never ran liquid cooling so am unsure on what brand to look at. I have heard that thermaltake cooling is crap...and the corsair is getting good reviews.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction here?

Thermaltake unit uses a 120x240mm radiator at the top of the case, with a bay mounted pump/reservoir combination. As for overall performance, the thermaltake setup should be better then a Corsair H100, as its expandable and uses a more powerful pump.
As for the level 10 GT itself, it has plenty of room for water cooling, though unlike the Haf X and the Corsair 800D, it doesn't have native support for a 120x3 radiator at the top. You can however fit 2x 120x2 radiators inside the GT rather easily, with the potential for another 120x1 mounted at the back of the case. The air cooling on a level 10 GT is very good, far superior to an 800d.

My suggestion for any of the cases is to build your own water cooling setup. A custom built unit will far exceed anything you can buy off the shelf, and will have infinite expandability as you get more involved in the hobby.

If you have time to wait, I have a level 10GT en route, and plan on migrating my water cooling setup to the level 10. I have a 120x3 radiator, and found a way to make it fit :). Should be all built by next Sat.

I'd love to see pictures of that! Thanks for the response. I'm waiting for my tax return to be direct deposited in about 10 buisness days before I buy. Do you know of any how to places online to help me get going on seting my own system up? where should I shop online for it? The if the LCS thermaltake version, Is worth getting ...to help a newbie get started I may go this route, since I know it will all fit with no mods to the case needed.

No, the LCS version isn't worth it. It carries a $120 premium over the standard case, and that $120 is much better spent on parts for your own system.
As for places to buy, jab-tech.com, sidewindercomputers.com, and performance-pcs.com have always served me well.

As for fitment in the case, the top of it is designed to accept any 240mm radiator. Everything else after that is up to you (res location, pump location, etc). Don't think the thermaltake kit is somehow superior with regards to fitment, its just the right sized parts...things you can easily buy on your own.

I suggest you head on over to the water cooling section and read the stickies. Lots of good info there.

Back