• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

They have come!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

I have been waiting for this moment! The previouse 80mm Thermal Take Smart Fan2 was an excellent fan!

One problem though, orange, and only available in 80mm

But, that is not the case anymore! Now we can enjoy Thermaltake high CFM to noise ratio goodness in LED and 80, 92, and 120mm!

Smart Fan 2 LED
http://www.thermaltake.com/accessories/dcfan/led/bluesmart.htm

Smart Fan 2
http://www.thermaltake.com/accessories/dcfan/smartfan/a202829.htm

SVC has em
http://www.svc.com/120smartcasefanblueled.html

-0cer

Last edited:
Yep. Although my really old one went all the way up tp 6000RPM and bassically owned every other 80mm fan. Too bad the new ones dont :( They do draw less power though. .4 amps vs .7 and .75. The .75 ones were the 6k RPM.

Yea. But with my heatsink being resistant to move air through it, see my other thread in here, not too far from the top, it burned out...so I had to get a new fan, and that was the .7 amp one, and I could only go to 5000 RPM's :(

Then I got another one for my video card becuase I like em so much, and it was .4 amp, but it still runs at 5000RPM.

I just wish that they would add a slightly more powerful motor to these new ones, it is their blade design that is so efficient, but if they would just give it a more powerful motor that would compete with the really high end ones, but still retain the high CFM to noise ratio and could be quiet when turned down, that would be the perfect fan. Who knows, maybe that will be the SF3 :D

-0cer

yea. Another bad thing is that they are relatively expensive. But they are worth it if you have the money IMO. These have good static pressure too, thye have a great blade design.

One problem is that the blades are really thin, so if you stick your finger in there and it is spinning really fast, most likely you will get one helluva slice in your finger and the blades will break off :eek:

If you dont mind the noise and dont mind pushing just a little
extra through your fans i personaly like the idea of getting
120mm fan's and running it a at about 2500+rpm :D

Thats cfm :D ...

BAH! who needs a 120mm tornado when you can get a 220 CFM Dual Rotored, high static pressure, 120X120X78 counter rotating Delta GFB?

:D :D :D

dead_man311 said:
How about this One 260 CFM :drool:

I have seen that one, im not sure about static pressure though :(

I might duct a radiator fan to my heatsink. like 400CFM and high static pressure :D

you could use it as your CPU cooler , one thing you would have to measure it and see if iy could mount on your heatsink ( without hitting your power supply or the back of the case ) . oor have it on some sort od duct

150mm's = 5.91"

Mmm, they would go well with my perspex case. I just the other day orderd 5x Vantec UV Spectrum fans, but they only move 36 cfm. But i could still use the 90mm as a fan for when i get my SP-97 i was going to use a Tornado, but i am too sure now. The tornado does look kina crap. I would like to know if the 92mm Tornado would cool much better than the TT smark 90mm blue fan. If there is only 1/2C in it then i will get the TT one.

Probably only 1 to 2 C difference, but keep in mind the TT one will do it much quieter and if need be, you can turn it down. I never thought I would make a quiet PC, mine sounded like a 747-400 at full reverse thrust and I was fine with it, but since I had SF2's once I could not stand it anymore I could turn it all down nice and silent :D

BTW, the 92mm normal moves more CFM for the noise than the blue led one :( Who knows, maybe the blue LED one is a typo or something?

Back