• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aqnLash.png

Hey guys!

Here are the pics from the EB Games Expo! The build is about 90% finished here.

Just some minor things still need to be done and I will be changing some thing with the loop.

The build should arrive back on Monday! I'll also have some better pics up shortly from the EB Games Expo!

yDGDJYi.jpg

qr1lRvG.jpg

aR2ecLc.jpg

e8g8bWC.jpg

vVuDtBh.jpg

exfHzYn.jpg

jbKJvEn.jpg

pdw2e0l.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! Hope you guys like how the build looks at this point :D

Cheers,

Alex

Sweet Build Alex! I wasn't to sure about the slanted case when you first started this build but Jesus did turn out beautiful!

Alex, I'd like to vote but I can seem to find the other builds there. Where can I see everyones. I'll probably vote for yours but I'd still like to see them. LOL

Voted! It's going to be a tough competition, there are a lot of quality builds out there. But even the Terminator can't stand up to your ingenuity.

Thanks a lot mate :D

Alex, I'd like to vote but I can seem to find the other builds there. Where can I see everyones. I'll probably vote for yours but I'd still like to see them. LOL

If you follow to vote link and go up one level of the forum you'll see all the other worklogs as well. :D

Ah my bad, here is a link where you can see all the others :D - http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/forum/67-2015-thermaltake-casemod-invitational-season-2/

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks Alex. There are some pretty nice builds there. Looks like you have some stiff competition. You've got my vote. I noticed allot of the other modders build these elaborate, beautiful cases, but never show off the hardware inside. I don't get that. IMO it should be about the hardware. Maybe that's why I like yours better I guess.

Thanks Alex. There are some pretty nice builds there. Looks like you have some stiff competition. You've got my vote. I noticed allot of the other modders build these elaborate, beautiful cases, but never show off the hardware inside. I don't get that. IMO it should be about the hardware. Maybe that's why I like yours better I guess.

I have to agree!

I have to agree!

Thanks a lot guys! Yea I noticed that as well, not sure why other's don't show the hardware as much. That's how I do my mods usually, make sure the hardware is fully seen :D

aqnLash.png

Hi guys!

Seems like I have another update for this build :D

I received some goodies from ASUS and will be making some small changes to the build!

The Sabertooth X99 motherboard has an awesome feature called TUF Detective which is a neat little Android App. It lets you control some features of the bios with ease. It lets you monitor key parameters, detect and diagnose errors and even control the PC's power status.

Should be a neat little feature so I am implementing this tablet into the front panel of the case.

The tablet is an ASUS Memo Pad 7 HD which is perfect for this set up. It's a great little Android tablet with a 7" IPS screen and a battery life of around 10 hours. I'm not sure if keeping it plugged into the motherboard will also charge it but I guess I will find out. I will anyway make it in such a way that it can easily be taken out.

ASUS was also kind enough to provide an ROG SLI bridge for the two Strix 970s in the build!

Here are the goodies!

zJmFNMl.jpg

k42sHHh.jpg

8cS5LUr.jpg

qgl7SGG.jpg

TxsLhB7.jpg

v2BieWk.jpg

Comes with two SLI bridges that can be easily swapped around depending on the SLI setup of your motherboard. It also has a separate molex cable to light up the LED for older graphics cards that don't automatically light up the LED on the bridge.

1oDEujh.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Stay tuned for the upgrade :D

Cheers,

Alex

That SLI bridge is slick! If I need one for my build, I hope to find one very similar.... unfortunately the ROG logo won't fit the MSI dragon theme. Great things always happen when Alex hits the stage. :)

That SLI bridge is slick! If I need one for my build, I hope to find one very similar.... unfortunately the ROG logo won't fit the MSI dragon theme. Great things always happen when Alex hits the stage. :)

MSI have a custom SLI bridge too, look it up :) I think most places will sell it :D

- - - Updated - - -

MSI have a custom SLI bridge too, look it up :) I think most places will sell it :D

Here it is on newegg :D http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999039

Back