• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking Yate Loon with Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I am thinking of changing all my case fans for some Yate Loon. I am going to use 4-140mm and 4-120mm. Now since I am inclining on getting a Scythe KQ02-BK-3.5 Kaze Q8 8 Channel Fan Controller should I go with the MEDIUM speed fans instead of the LOW; I figure I can drop the voltage and have them run like LOW. I want the fans silent, my current mix of fans aren't that, causing different motor and vibration sounds. I just got a new case and just gathered what fans I had and what fans were included. :chair:

Also anyone familiar with Yate Loon fans, would the Horizontal mounted ones sound louder than the Vertical ones? Thanks :)

Thanks! I know they will die faster, but at their price point, I can live with that :)

dja2k

i went with the med speeds, and turned them down. at default they run close to 1550-1600, and I don't really hear them IMHO; but when turned down below 1200 then I REALLY don't hear them, and notice very little tdelta in my WC setup. As stated above, you should open them up after about a year and relube them.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701416&highlight=lube+fan I've opened up a new fan and found the lube to be sufficient, so I'd say not lubing the new ones immediately is ok.

I'm very please with my YL and they are like $3 each at Performance PC; when you get the unsleeved ones.

I wanted to order from Xoxide.com but then I started reading that not all places sell authentic ones.

dja2k

Last edited:
I went with these from Petra's Tech Shop, which I read are Authentic Yate Loon

4 - 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Case Fan - Low Black (47 CFM, 28 dBA)
4 - 140mm Yate Loon D14SM-12 Case Fan - Medium Black (62 CFM, 29 dBA)

They will all be controlled with a Scythe Kaze Q-8 fan controller.

dja2k

Last edited:
Back