• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This Happend...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
So I updated from F@H controller 7.4.4 to 7.6.21 and this happened:

View attachment 212046

No changes to hardware or controller settings.

BEFORE:
2 x 2080 Ti doing 7 million PPD (3.5 million PPD each)

NOW:
2 x 2080 Ti doing 9.3 millino PPD (4.65 million PPD each)

Interesting...I did a quick spot check on projects for Saturday and Sunday, and they were COVID-19 projects.

Is this fluke related to COVID-19 projects, or is the new controller that good?

(I still can't get the new controllers to see the other computer...same settings as before, but the network connection isn't working...wonky.)

Maybe the 7.4.4 didn't have the cuda support that was recently added? Just a guess on my part. Nice jump though! WTF !!!

Yeah - with the FAHControl.

I wrote down my old settings to configure unattended access...it's not not working at the moment.

Did you set remote access on each client? Each client needs to have remote access point the 1 client that will manage all other clients.
The ip in blue is the local in the screen shot.

View attachment 212050

Yeah - I used the same settings as before...192.168.1.0/24.

Restarted both clients...still nothing.

I'll mess with it more later...

I had a similar bump in performance, did not update to the new client yet. I figured it was either a new core or more likely bigger PPD WU's..Looks like the latter. I avoid new clients until I install fresh, don't want to risk breaking anything.

Did you set remote access on each client? Each client needs to have remote access point the 1 client that will manage all other clients.
The ip in blue is the local in the screen shot.

Not to derail the thread overall, but I wanted to thank you for this post. This helped me get all my clients on my main PC so I don't have to move my monitor around now :thup:

Yeah - I used the same settings as before...192.168.1.0/24.

Restarted both clients...still nothing.

I'll mess with it more later...

I'm guessing you use Windows, don't forget to set sharing. Also don't use the whole IP range, just put the IP of the client your going to use to manage all the other clients on each client.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Not to derail the thread overall, but I wanted to thank you for this post. This helped me get all my clients on my main PC so I don't have to move my monitor around now :thup:

Glad to help :)

I installed the new client on 1 of my PC's and have not seen any difference in PPD on that 1 folder, its not the client but the FahCore_22.exe and the WU that makes big PPD, I think you just got a few good WU's :)

Back