• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is going to blow your mind guys... these fans are reacting STRANGELY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I just built a system, I have a 240mm radiator with 4 120mm fans in push pull, two of them are corsair two of them are LEPA fans...

Both the LEPA and CORSAIR fans are on a splitter, two fans into one PWM connector.

When I connect the CORSAIR fans to the CPU or CPU_OPT header they run at balls-to-the-wall full speed. Even if i swap out the PWM connector splitters (I use two different splitters made by different manufacturers).
When I connect the CORSAIR fans to the CHASSIS fan header I am able to control them via PWM.

All three of my (other than lepa) brand fans don't behave this way, they will react to PWM no matter which header i use, and no matter which splitters I use.

This is absolutely BIZARRE behavior to me, what in the hell is going on? I called corsair and they said that as far as they know, nothing is wrong with their fans.

Edit: Called both ASUS and CORSAIR tech supports: They both offered to do an RMA and that's it, no explanation, corsair did say they MIGHT look into it but it's unlikely.

Last edited:
Possible fan speed setting in your BIOS I think.

Fan header may be set to 100% voltage.

This is a good thought.

My thought is that he probably has the Corsair PWM fans that are plagued with issues on splitters.

What Corsair model number, how many of them?

Corsair CO-9050014-WW Two of them.

Possible fan speed setting in your BIOS I think.

Fan header may be set to 100% voltage.

Nope, checked the bios, not the case... besides, remember, I'm putting in 4 other brands of fans into the exact same header one after the other and they ALL behave, only these corsairs don't.

This is a good thought.

My thought is that he probably has the Corsair PWM fans that are plagued with issues on splitters.

Nope, they behave the same way when I take them off the splitters and put them in individually.

BIZZARE!

Corsair CO-9050014-WW Two of them.

Nope, checked the bios, not the case... besides, remember, I'm putting in 4 other brands of fans into the exact same header one after the other and they ALL behave, only these corsairs don't.

Nope, they behave the same way when I take them off the splitters and put them in individually.

BIZZARE!

That's sounding more like a fan issue, but those are the model of Corsair fans that have quite a few issues on PWM.

Back