• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is what the Laing D4 (DangerDen 12V) Pump sounds like

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
good point greenman. i forgot part of my problem when i initially set my w/c stuff up was space. the 650 is a bit smaller than the mcp600 if i'm not mistakein?!!?

It is a bit longer but smaller in all other dimensions. I have a MCP600 and would not be able to fit the 650/D4 in the same place.

Can anyone compare a CSP750x2 to the MCP 600 for sound? Which is quieter?

I STILL havent bought a pump and I have it narrowed down to these 2. I had lost interest for a few weeks.

JT

I'm also curious about the noise and pump results. I want QUIET, and preferrably at 12V. The MCP600 is discontinued (at least that's what the linked site says), so I'm not sure why people are still talking about it.

I own a nearly unused Mag3 that, after running in a closed loop test for a day, convinced me to hold off on water cooling until I found a quieter pump. It was about that time when the 12V pumps started making ground, and still I read about noise issues.

omaticrail said:
I'm also curious about the noise and pump results. I want QUIET, and preferrably at 12V. The MCP600 is discontinued (at least that's what the linked site says), so I'm not sure why people are still talking about it.

The same basic pump that was the MCP600 is still available under the "AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12" brand name, and can be purchased here:

http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...ROD&Product_Code=AQX-50Z-DC12&Category_Code=P

People just refer to it as the MCP600 though, because that's the name that everyone is most familiar with.

In summary, ways to further quiet down a muffled D4:

- Put it on a Rheobus (will hurt performance)

- "incapsulate" it somehow? (how?)

- Make your case "soundproof"

Others?

hmm...damn, wanted this pump for my w/c setup, maybe itll be quieter if i just have my side panel on, although SHOULD be alot quieter then my current air cooling setup...ugh sounds like an airport on full speed, anything should sound better than this :)

I'm a real fan of Swiftech stuff, and a real fan of quiet. The MCP600 came out and I replaced my MCP300, didn't have any problems with my MCP300 as some did, but wanted a quieter pump. The I cannot hear my MCP600 unless my head is about 6" from it. Then The MCP650 comes out. I almost bought one to run a dual loop system, glad I didn't. Whats up Swiftech? Whats up with all the noise. Most water cooling people want quiet? I really can't figure it out. Must be a cost/reliability issue? My MCP600 is running strong though, since Jan. '04. I don't care for the idea of buying a MCP650 just to hook it to a controller and loose performance to reduce the noise. Guess I'll wait until the next, MCP700 maybe??

Back