• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on the GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's been a year with this motherboard/setup now! I still have the high-pitched beeping going on, since RMAing the motherboard is the last thing I want to go through. It didn't seem to affect performance, till (possibly) now.

Yesterday the beep was constant (didn't matter what I was doing - even while just idling I could clearly hear it). Also around this time I had a couple of real slow downs - Firefox would suddenly freeze, Spybot froze too and resumed after a few minutes.

This morning I check SMART and see a few warnings on my boot drive and one warning on another drive.

ID Current Worst Threshold Data Status
(05) Reallocated Sector Count 199 199 140 16 warning
(C4) Reallocated Event Count 190 190 0 10 warning
(C7) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count 200 253 0 4 warning

ID Current Worst Threshold Data Status
(C7) Ultra DMA CRC Error Count 200 200 0 123 warning

The values do not seem to be increasing at this time. Could this be related to the motherboard or did my hard drives conveniently start acting up?

DLGDIAG SMART status shows right away as passing on all my drives. HD Tune still gives me a 'warning' status for those two drives, though the numbers haven't changed. In DLGDIAG none of the quick tests would run (11-Cable Test::Write sector error).

In other news, I guess I am not alone in the high-pitched beeping (or known on many other forums as the squeal). http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1139845&r=18478094#r18478094
icon13.gif

Back