• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Arghh......Yeah I'm going to have to do some sort of pull the rabbit out of the hat trick. I have a Thermaltake Xaser VM3000 (Skull Series) Going to be a neat trick!!

Maybe I'll just take out my hard drives & my cdrom......Make my case a neat liquid tube filled light show. :rolleyes:

obsolete said:
Well if you get that heatercore from Napa. You will need a reducer for one of the valves. One of the valves on the heatercore is 1/2 (which is fine) & the other is a 5/8. So you will need a reducer, 5/8 to 1/2.

Not entirely true. The in/out pipes are 1/2", but one of them has about the last inch expanded to 5/8". You have two options.

1. cut off the offending 5/8" part. Check out this thread for pics of the core with the 5/8" part cut off.

2. ClearFlex60 will stretch over 5/8". Just boil the tubing for a few seconds to soften it.

obsolete said:
Apparently the pump has a tendency to crack. I'm thinking of using plastic ties for sealing the input & output on the pump. I'll be ordering all this tomorrow!

Zip ties aren't going to cut it. Once again you have two options.

1. Put a metal worm type hose clamp over the inlet. This will provide mechanical reinforcement.

2. Use a plastic fitting, it won't be as hard on the plastic as metal.

obsolete said:
Oh, remember space to! That heatercore with two shrouds & two fans is going to be a bit spacey. I'm currently measuring out different places in my case.........

I'm telling ya' a rad, 1 shroud, and 1 blower will be just as thick as a rad, 2 fans, and 2 shrouds.

Last edited:
1. cut off the offending 5/8" part. Check out this thread for pics of the core with the 5/8" part cut off.

Could do that to I suppose. I was just suggesting maybe an easier method. Well, what seems to be the easiest for me when I think about it.

Zip ties aren't going to cut it. Once again you have two options.

Grrr.........Thats what I meant by zipties. "plastic fittings".

I was thinking of going withD-Tek Jr. High Performance Radiator. But it's slightly bigger then the heatercore from Napa & my clearence in the top of my case in the "bay" area is 6" or a lil bigger.......I think I'm going to go the reducer route with the hose sizes the heatercore uses.

obsolete said:

I was thinking of going withD-Tek Jr. High Performance Radiator. But it's slightly bigger then the heatercore from Napa & my clearence in the top of my case in the "bay" area is 6" or a lil bigger.......I think I'm going to go the reducer route with the hose sizes the heatercore uses.
the Dtek JR core is 5.5"W x 6.38"H X 2"Thick. - i'd be very surprised if that's bigger than the core from Napa...

Height wise it is......6 for the napa one & 6.38 for the D-tek one. I need a 6" for my case, maybe able to squeeze a tad more.......but I don't wanna risk that......

pretty sure what Dtek call "height", napa call "length" - plus i suspect the napa measurements don't include the tanks whereas the dtek do...uberblue says its the same as the procore, and that's 6"W x 7.25"H X 2"Thick including tanks....

hopefully he can confirm one way or the other (or i guess a call to napa would tell you - can't help as i'm not in the US)

Well what is height then for the Napa heatercore? It has Length = 6 1/8 Width = 2" & Height = 6".......I see what your saying.....Your probably right, I just may have to confirm with Napa tomorrow. Oh dear, well......haha.....hmmmmm..

The Chevette core and D-Tek pro core are the EXACT same thing. All that D-tek does to it is slap on some paint and barbs. Are barbs and paint worth $20 to ya?

The Chevette core and D-Tek pro core are the EXACT same thing. All that D-tek does to it is slap on some paint and barbs. Are barbs and paint worth $20 to ya?

lol, yep. Actually just one less shipping charge. One less thing to wait for.

Bought & paid for.

1 RBX, 1 D-tek Pro Jr. heatercore (due to size restrictions I decided to go with this radiator as I believe it will fit easier with my case)
1 120mm fan with shroud. 1 D-tek Northbridge chipset cooler. 1 bottle of water wetter. 1 Mag-Drive Supreme 3 350 GPH Water Pump & last but not least, One 50 foot long Chemical PVC tubing so I can choke everyone nearest to me should anything go wrong. =]

(haha actually 10 ft.....) Grand total $260.00!!!!! (US) (Not including metal & plastic fittings, plus a jug of distilled water.)

Back