• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tic Tac's D27 3DFire Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoBePmp

I just came accross this moddded Bios, I didn't know TicTac had modded a D27 Bios. Anyway it lets me run 1 Gig of ram @ 2.5 GHz with 2-2-2-11 timings and thats with CPC on.

cha-ching! i'm going to be trying that bios soon. i've been running 2x512mb, 2t, 222x at 2.6ghz.

i would love to run 2.5 at 1t with my timings. good job!

Beginner said:
cha-ching! i'm going to be trying that bios soon. i've been running 2x512mb, 2t, 222x at 2.6ghz.

i would love to run 2.5 at 1t with my timings. good job!
What Bios are you using now? I think I'd rather have 2.6 GHz with 2t myself.

i'm using trats d27 bios, believe me, 2.5 at 1t is better than 2.6 at 2t. i don't care for a high number, i'm all about performance.

i haven't put my board together but when i get a chance, i'll run benches at 2.6 at 2t and you can run bunches at 2.5 at 1t.

if we work together i'm sure we can max our boards out :).

my 59xx card is fully volt modded as well.

Going to give it a try. I hope.

I read how the early version of the 2.0 don't like this, 2 persons with dead bios.
I too am running 2T bios but like the preformance.
I had it running faster but my Silent Hunter III has knocked me down to 232X10.5 2-2-2-11 1.75V Dimm 3.25V I have good bandwidth and benches are great.
I would like to give the TicTac a try.
2X512 Mushkin 3200 Level II (BH-5) using the OCZ booster to see if it would help. It does but only gained about 6 from 232 to 238 but the game took it back. I pass memtest Prime 95 3DMark05 no problem just the game kills the O/C. I can get over it as instead of 11X, I run 10.5X the bandwidth is better.
Everst Home Edition:
FSB Bandwidth 3707
memory Bandwidth 7415
memory bench Read: 3520
3DMark05 5436
going to give the 1T and then the 2t a try.

Last edited:
Just got done trying to get a comparison, there is none.
best D27 is tats.
I tried the 1T and beyound 200 no post have to reset cmos every time
2T not even close to trats, won't post at 230 still have to reset cmos to post. the insert trick doesn't help at all here.
I guess I'm done and sticking with trats, whatever he has done works allot better than anything else for me.

stilup,

run 1t on 2x512mb is pretty taxing on the cpu's memory controller. honestly before i couldn't even run 2.4 ghz stable.

i have a fully voltmodded nf7-s right now
vcore
vdd
vdimm
vtt

i don't mind running up the voltages. at the moment i'm on a cheesy heatsink so i can pump the volts. i have to lap the nb/sb and sink my board.

i'm really happy and lowend watercooling should happen when i find some 3/8's barbs.

keep tweaking :) i post some everest scores soon as well. your scores look really good, i don't think i've ever scored that high?

stilup said:
Just got done trying to get a comparison, there is none.
best D27 is tats.
I tried the 1T and beyound 200 no post have to reset cmos every time
2T not even close to trats, won't post at 230 still have to reset cmos to post. the insert trick doesn't help at all here.
I guess I'm done and sticking with trats, whatever he has done works allot better than anything else for me.
D27 3DFire is not built for sky high FSB seeker...

Tight timing is the key factor

Ok started up with a no post this morning, clear cmos and not allowing a healthy O/C so I figured the bios chip got corrupted even after a clearing not acting right.
wierd how that can happen, will restart after cmos change but not cold start without issues. This board has it's own personality.
So lucky me has 2 new Bios chips from Abit so I changed it and flashed to D27 Trats and back up with a healthy O/C. this time running 11X230 and will try the fsb limiter(My Games).

keep at it,

i have my board up and running, he's letting me borrow his 2x512mb of bh-5 again. i have 2x256mg of my own.

i can't run over 10x200 cause i have a crappy heatsink on it. when i lap and sink everything i'll put my slk948 on it.

on a side not, the v-mods to my 59xx card worked :) 1.5vgpu/2.93vddr clocking at 546/1021 with no issues what so ever.

Last edited:
ran Prime all day while away visiting over 10 hours 0 erros, played my Silent Hunter III and had to pop in the OCZ Booster to hold fsb. It worked and the game is happy, prime 95 is happy, memtest Nr.5 is happy. heck I'm happy.
So I stand at this O/C and bios version.
Everything is snappy and programs load fast, I have my games on the Sata 16/4 cluster and leave the speed timing set to default 30ms in bios.

Another morning and the same thing happens, No startup
Humm, cleared cmos all day and removed battery, installed new battrey,
big trouble trying to get it to post.
This Ebay board has acted that way from day one, wondering if it will run. Sometimes when I start I get a moment of fans spining then complete shutdown. restart and I up again. I don't want to keep chaging bios chips, something is going on. I repasted the CPU H/S and running 35c idle now,
with the monster
SI-97a I had to remove the P/S.
Well here I go again, tweak it all only to end up with a system that won't start. It's not the O/C as it won't start set to 2100mhz at times. Wierd board.
I have it set on insulated washers siliconed.

wow,

can you disconnect everything except, hdd, mobo 20 pin/4pin, video card, heatsink and fan.

reclear the cmos and run just the necessary to get into windows.

Hi. well today is another day and I tried the new battery and got back up and running,
I had to disconnect the OCZ Booster to get going.
Started up this morning too!
I had disconnected my second CD-rom as I noticed that I couldn't play my Silent Hunter III on it but it would reconize a data disk. I don't need the CD-rom so for experimental purposses I left it disconnected. I have a master CD/RW I use.
I don't use the Nvidia IDE just Microsoft so it's not that being troublesome.
I have noticed that right along for awhile the other CD-rom has issues.
I have XP on a master IDE Maxtor on the 2nd IDE and the CD-rom in question was slave.
Well I'm going to leave it disconnected and see if I get any more trouble.
So I'm back using the OCZ Booster at 3.2v.
the board will only track up to 3.2v so why bother going more.
Right back where I was and hope to stay.
:p

Thinking of doing the 3 in 1 dirty punk mod.
I had to remove the OCZ Booster cause the adjustment switch fluxuated too much. It was just staying at 2.98 and I was cranking it up then all of suden it jumps to 3.7!
Back and forth, the switch is cheap and messed up.
I removed it and I know I need more vdimm but that pencil mod is shakey. I need one that is permanent.
I think if I do the 3 in 1 I should just about cover it.
Only thing is last time I was looking for the volts to show in the bios or Everest but it didn't and whern I hooked all three it was too much. If I go about it normally I should Have it.

on the pencil method are you referring to the vcore/vdroop? over at xs.org it was posted that many had success doing it with pots but i never got to see a pic of it. i did the pencil mod method, it was solid the whole time i had it. i was taken the advice of mcoleg, g0dM@n and others by putting hot glue over it.

i'm telling you, this vcore/vdroop mod keeps the vcore stable with .02/03. never saw it swing over .03 and this was with p95 using the hottest option with all my ram mb included.

after about 28hrs + i deemed it stable.

i might be getting an nf7 non-s v2, if you do the 3 in 1 method, i'll follow you right after :).

Something went wrong ,again Did the 3 in 1 and the board started to act like it did when I first got it. Start the fans but no post.
I removed the Vdd booster and no help so I removed all and still no post.
So I think I'm just about done vmodding the boards.
I'm back on my old MSI K7N2-ILSR Delta but this time I put the XPM2600 and the SI-97a to keep it cool.

I don't know what goes here as I did the 3 in 1 pretty good and clean.
It could be the board has issues. I will try later to get it to post again.
I have one more NF7-S V2.0 comming but I'm throwing in the towel and just going to gey the best out of the board just using H/S's.
it was sad but I thought worth the risk to keep my O/C as the OCZ Booster let me down with the faulty adj switch. I wanted to keep the Vdimm volts up.
My MSI has never been so snappy with the XPM 2600 in it. cooler than ever with the SI-97a. 15c cooler is OK.
So I got a new case and a new P/S and waiting for my third board this week. I hope you understand I can't continue blowing boards cause of a silly volt or two.
Good thing it was jsut an Ebay board , too bad it O/C'd great.
I will try some more before gutting it.
waiting for my NF7-S V2.0 to install in my new case.
I was up till 2 AM putting together the MSI, Good thing I never got rid of it. Not the fastest but proving to be very reliable.
It was my chance I took and again lost rather than gained.
No biggie
going to build me a killer rig this summer so I'm just playing around till then.
I could never do this kind of stuff with the over priced new stuff.

stilup said:
Something went wrong ,again Did the 3 in 1 and the board started to act like it did when I first got it. Start the fans but no post.
I removed the Vdd booster and no help so I removed all and still no post.
So I think I'm just about done vmodding the boards.
I'm back on my old MSI K7N2-ILSR Delta but this time I put the XPM2600 and the SI-97a to keep it cool.

I don't know what goes here as I did the 3 in 1 pretty good and clean.
It could be the board has issues. I will try later to get it to post again.
I have one more NF7-S V2.0 comming but I'm throwing in the towel and just going to gey the best out of the board just using H/S's.
it was sad but I thought worth the risk to keep my O/C as the OCZ Booster let me down with the faulty adj switch. I wanted to keep the Vdimm volts up.
My MSI has never been so snappy with the XPM 2600 in it. cooler than ever with the SI-97a. 15c cooler is OK.
So I got a new case and a new P/S and waiting for my third board this week. I hope you understand I can't continue blowing boards cause of a silly volt or two.
Good thing it was jsut an Ebay board , too bad it O/C'd great.
I will try some more before gutting it.
waiting for my NF7-S V2.0 to install in my new case.
I was up till 2 AM putting together the MSI, Good thing I never got rid of it. Not the fastest but proving to be very reliable.
It was my chance I took and again lost rather than gained.
No biggie
going to build me a killer rig this summer so I'm just playing around till then.
I could never do this kind of stuff with the over priced new stuff.

the 3 in 1 punk mod is nothing to play with. sounds like you fried your board

Back