• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to finally start piecing together a new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its fairly locked down to the point people are using custom bios to get more features but it does sound like more are being opened up in newer releases.
Plus some of the Prime boards shipped with bios that didn't support Ryzen at all and I don't want to get hit with that.

I'll be moving my case to the top of my desk since it won't fit down below where my current one is. Good chance I will get tired of the RGB but will look nice when people are over.

Almost got everything. Waiting on the Kraken X62 and a cpl AER RGB fans. Would love a RGB KB to go with the build but I'm stuck on my MS 4000 Ergo's. 3 times I've bought expensive mech's and I always go back to the old comfortable.
Hopefully the EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid comes out in the next week or two.

parts3.jpg

So started building. The Kraken 62 waterblock has some real issues with 4 sticks of ram on this MB. Had to re-position the radiator a few times to get something that would fit and not completely block my view with hoses. Now it looks like my 980's will not fit either. Cannot get it to completely seat into the PCIe slot. An older slightly smaller AMD card fits in just fine. The joys of new builds. Not sure what to do now.

20170716_151151.jpg 20170716_151805.jpg

Last edited:
So started building. The Kraken 62 waterblock has some real issues with 4 sticks of ram on this MB. Had to re-position the radiator a few times to get something that would fit and not completely block my view with hoses. Now it looks like my 980's will not fit either. Cannot get it to completely seat into the PCIe slot. An older slightly smaller AMD card fits in just fine. The joys of new builds. Not sure what to do now.

View attachment 192179View attachment 192180

Check the tab on the Video card to make sure it is slotted into the case.

Tabs are lined up fine.

20170716_222857.jpg

Looks like the metal bracket to screw them down just not quite long enough.

20170716_223458.jpg 20170716_223211.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like its the SATA ports. The back of the board is right up against them. I didn't think that would keep the front of the card from going in but its the only thing the board appears to be up against and the AMD card is shorter so it doesn't reach the ports.

Last edited:
I really am starting to not like this case. I actually wish it was a little bigger, especially 2-3 inches longer. All the reviews said the thing was HUGE, not really. Come on Corsair bring the Slate out now! Right now I have the radiator front mounted with fans in push\pull and it fits still giving an inch or so of room between the gpu and fans. I had to mount the radiator with the hoses at the bottom and they block the bottom 3rd PCIe where the sata ports wouldn't be in the way so I can't even test putting the board there to verify its the ports causing the issue without taking radiator out again. I've mounted the damn thing 5 times now in various places flipped both ways just to get the hoses in a decent spot. UGH guess should have just gone Noctua... Whole build starting the **** me off and what I was worried about going AMD again was these odd little problems. Looking like going to have to pull whole thing apart and try mounting gpu outside the case.

Nope not SATA ports either. Got it squeezed into bottom PCIe slot and still won't go flush...

Last edited:
Bent the back panel a little and got it to go in. Hard to force screws in hopefully board still suited well enough.

Not sure if its the case or the card that's the issue.

Bent the back panel a little and got it to go in. Hard to force screws in hopefully board still suited well enough.

Not sure if its the case or the card that's the issue.

What back panel did you have to bend? Sounds like it is the case that is the problem, usually the cards are fine.

She's Alive!

20170717_165926.jpg

Just using a temp psu until I can move over my G2 but video on first boot is always a nice sign.

1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid finally here and installed. Still doing tons of wiring. 5x Corsair RGB fans, 2x NZXT RGB fans, and the Kraken with controllers for them all. Had to take off my pull fans on the radiator the damn card is so long but at least no issues getting it seated.

20170803_175354.jpg

I really am starting to not like this case. I actually wish it was a little bigger, especially 2-3 inches longer. All the reviews said the thing was HUGE, not really. Come on Corsair bring the Slate out now! Right now I have the radiator front mounted with fans in push\pull and it fits still giving an inch or so of room between the gpu and fans. I had to mount the radiator with the hoses at the bottom and they block the bottom 3rd PCIe where the sata ports wouldn't be in the way so I can't even test putting the board there to verify its the ports causing the issue without taking radiator out again. I've mounted the damn thing 5 times now in various places flipped both ways just to get the hoses in a decent spot. UGH guess should have just gone Noctua... Whole build starting the **** me off and what I was worried about going AMD again was these odd little problems. Looking like going to have to pull whole thing apart and try mounting gpu outside the case.

Nope not SATA ports either. Got it squeezed into bottom PCIe slot and still won't go flush...

hey, Daleon,
this is the fun part of building computers!!!!
just wait till they sat a 360 rad fits in the top and you find that it sure does, but only the four center bolt holes line up!!!!!!

Its finally close to done.
Pushing my luck right now running tons of RGB software but so far no real problems with any of it.
Corsair Link & Cue, NZXT CAM, Asus Aura, and EVGA Precision XOC. Not going to install the G.skill package for now as that is the one that gets the most complaints for SPD corruption and Aura controls the ram LED's ok.

RGB2.jpg

Back