• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to upgrade from GeForce 8800 GTS yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sorry the GTX 460 is a total fail on Nvidia's part. If you are going to get that, spend the extra $15 and get a 5850.

I second all post recommending the 5770 or the GTX 260. I think those are the lowest cards you should spend money on. Anything less and you really are not getting your moneys worth.

Last edited:
There's still a few details we need. What resolution monitor you will be using, and what CPU?

I'd recommend to save up a bit more, wait until the gtx460 comes out and see how prices are then. It would be ideal to get at least a 5850, but depending on your CPU and the games you play, there might or might not be a huge performance increase (overall, there should be some increase even with a low end cpu).

Resolution is HD 1080 err... somewhere around 25xx X 1xxx where x = pixel # I don't quite remember.

The CPU I have is the Intel Core Duo if I remember correctly (oc'd to 3 ghz).

Maybe I can get it for a cheaper price on ebay? Thank you for all your suggestions!

Back