• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tired of watercooling will buy something Subzero!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi mates!
I have my homemade w/c setup that I had for a year but I need something better now :cool:
Well I'm cempletely newb with those Vapochill and Prometeia stuff so I would need some help.

If I understand correctly you just buy case and put your stuff in and there you go... Subzero...

Right or ?

My question is. If I buy either Vapochill or Prommy will it be futureproof ? Will I be able to use it with next gen. of mo/bo-s and CPUs ?
Will them cool my Graphic card and mo/bo as well ? ( like cool everything inside )

Do I still need heatsink and fans on everything or ?

And finally which of those two are better "Vapochill and Prometeia" and does someone have any idea how I could buy it here in Sweden ?

My setup:
P4 2.6
IC7
Radeon 9700 Pro

Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks in advance!

Might try having this moved to the Extreme Cooling section. They can help you over there on the "Other Side" :D I am sure a mod will be more then happy to give this thread a push over there for you.

Thanks mate as I said I'm newb and I thought that the Extreme Cooling section is only for home made stuff :)

If any mod would have time to move this thread I would be very grateful !

Not sure how you go about buying it in sweden but Prometia is actually made in denmark so I am sure they are not too hard to come by over there.

To answer some of your questions (at least from the prometia standpoint) they are futureproof for the most part. The prometia has a cpu kit that you buy that is specific to Intel or AMD. If there were to be a change drastic enough to warrant it they would release a new kit and you would be back in bussiness.

The promy and the vapo only cool the cpu, so you would need some other form of cooling for the chipset and video card.

I have seen some people that have homegrown units cool other parts of their systems. I have also seen a few guys that have say a prometia + vapochill to cool cpu and video card.

In both cases you purchase the system and put your stuff in, after which you are at sub zero. :)

But you must understand that this time, putting it all in is not as simple as with a regular computer case. So read up on the many reviews of both, and read the manual carefully.

But the Prometeia is easier to set up. (I found mine pretty easy to set up) The cooling head has a safer mounting system, and the Prometeia has its own power supply, whereas the Vapochill requires that you modify your power supply's 12v line (But this might be changed now.)

Also, the Prometeia does cool better than the Vapochill, but it does cost more.

It will only cool your CPU, nothing else (unless you buy another one to cool your GPU), so you should still keep a little air cooling left for your graphics card, northbridge etc. But you could use your watercooling for that.

As for futureproof... most probably. As long as these two companies survive, they will probably bring out the correct mounting kits for new sockets etc, so that you can use them on new processors.

As for how to get one in Sweden... not sure. Maybe they're willing to ship to you. I purchased my Prometeia about 1 year ago, they sent me an invoice, I made the bank transfer, and I received the Prometeia around 2 weeks later. I'm not sure about vapochill.

Just in case you need them: www.chip-con.com and www.asetek.com.

edit: just saw Deathknight beat me to it. :)

No biggie you provided some info I did not ;)

Anyways I had a thought after I typed that out but it was chow time so had to go. Anyways if you already have a water cooled system and you want to get some sub zero temps you may also want to consider a water chiller. IMHO it has its downsides as well as upsides. Personally I like the idea at the very least that I can easily move my machine from the upstairs to the downstairs, but even better I like to go to lan parties. It gets a little more difficult to do that, depending on how big your chiller is. But at least you could leverage the cooling system you already have :D

Thanks mates for your help. Thing is I found one place to buy Prommy from and I don't feel very good after reading the price...
850$ !
I could buy me 2 new rigs for that money :(

Well i would like to see into water chillers but seeing that condense problem and stuff I'm just afraid to do it :(

How did you insulate Death Night ? And what water chiller do you use ? Where could I found one ?

Thank you for your time !

Back