• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Titan SC SLI or 690 SLI (2 cards quad sli)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a7md

I am lucky enough to have a pair of 690s in my system and i have managed to get a hold of a pair of Titans SC, all 4 from evga.

I am honestly happy with the 690s because they run smoothly and are stable. I had a horrible experience with 590s in sli but that's in the past.

Now i have the dual titans and i can wrap my mind around if i should remove the 690s in sli and replace them with the dual titans. forums just confuse me more so i thought a specific thread of my case would be more useful

I run 3 monitors in surround and usually play using nvidia surround even at the sacrifice of frame rates. In time i plan to get 4k screens but not until i win the lottery any time soon. Temp is also a concern cause i live in a hot country. I just wish I can run everything on ultra on games like crysis 2 and 3 on 3 monitors properly but i know that's very ambitious.

Please let me know your opinions, cause I would like to sell the other 2 gpus once i decide which ones to keep.

Titans, for the wider memory bus and higher vRAM.
You'll need that for 4K.

Great thanks for that

but for my current 3x1080p configuration, will it be a "downgrade" in performance?

No, your 5760x1080 setup would benefit from the higher vRAM and increased memory bus as well.

The GTX 690 only has 2GB per GPU and a 256-bit bus per GPU (two GPUs per card).
The Titan has 6GB and a 384-bit bus.

A single Titan's performance is just shy of a 690, but the resolutions you are using would benefit a lot from the vRAM/bus width.

Back