• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tmods DFI Bios Flash CD 5.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
karl pell said:
Tmod, I'm guilty of using previous versions without taking a moment to say "thanks". So, thank you for taking the time to do this ...

x2

I have just created the menu for the DFI NF4 LanParty UT SLI-DR Expert board and would like to know if anyone else would like any additional bios's to be added to the CD?

I will be making a patch for version 5 so it won't be a big deal to update it.

Let me know within the next couple days.

If you are wondering what bios's I have for the Expert

NF4 LanParty Expert Menu
nf4exprt.jpg

Tmod

Last edited:
Do you have time to look into these Beta 11/14 LanParty Bioses for FX-60?
What Memtest version? Can you embed latest 1.65 like others?
I'm willing to give the new Tmod disc a whirl again if I can help.
GO T GO

I vote for a sticky because I use those programs or something similar to them but they are scattered across my computer. It'd be nice to have them all in one spot.

Do you have time to look into these Beta 11/14 LanParty Bioses for FX-60?
What Memtest version? Can you embed latest 1.65 like others?
Wow I expected to find the latest version of MemTest but they left the older 1.55 in it.

Yes I can change that in this bios.

Also all the BETA bios's are the same as that series of boards all use the same bios.

Why DFI used different bios file names I don't know.

Tmod

Can you DISABLE "Full Screen Boot Logo"
and ENABLE "Quick System Power Test at Boot" Like you have done to the others as well?

AMD may be shipping the Dual Core FX-60s before January. Kewl beans

Can you DISABLE "Full Screen Boot Logo"
and ENABLE "Quick System Power Test at Boot" Like you have done to the others as well?
You know I will.

Patch should be out within the next few days.

I want to leave a little more time for people to offer more suggestions for the patch.

Tmod

And all we have to do is pop in the CD, select the BIOS we want and it will flash it? We don't have to do any of the settings like clear the CMOS...which I forgot to do last time which screwed up my board to the maxz0rz:mad:. Thanks man looks awesome.

OC/ingmaddog said:
And all we have to do is pop in the CD, select the BIOS we want and it will flash it? We don't have to do any of the settings like clear the CMOS...which I forgot to do last time which screwed up my board to the maxz0rz:mad:. Thanks man looks awesome.

if you used winflash, it should automatically clear the cmos :p :attn: :attn:

5|*42 said:
if you used winflash, it should automatically clear the cmos :p :attn: :attn:

Pffft. I used it but I didn't check the box to clear the CMOS. hahaha. I'm so stupid. :D Live and let learn. I had to send my board to DFI, I didn't have a computer for 2 months, this was during the summer.

So like I said earlier, all I have to do is pop in the CD, select the BIOS and that's it, I'm done?
That would bring a great debate on the subject of clearing the CMOS.

The switches to clear the CMOS using Awdflash are included in the flash command line.

Now almost everyone I have talked to insist that you have to manually remove the jumper and the battery and let it sit for 10 mins in the clear position.

I personally have never done the manual clear as I figured why put it in the command line if it doesn't do anything.

I know the NF4 is pickier then most other boards but I have had a few that just flashed the bios and went along their merry way without performing a manual clear.

In the end it is you're choice and it has worked both ways, With or Without clearing the CMOS manually.

Tmod

I must admit Tmod i've used your great cd 3~4 times now & have not cleared Cmos , after seeing u say on the St, that the Cmos Clear Switch is included in the flash command line.

I always just ensure optimised defaults loaded b4 & after - letting dmi rebuild b4 entering bios & entering my own settings.

Ok folks we have a problem here.

It seems that flashing the DFI NF4 Lanparty with the 510-2Fix bios sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

So for the time being until I release the updated patch please don't use that version.

Tmod

Nope, we were incorrect.
The Tmod CD is fine, an issue with MY memory at default Vdimm.
we've sorted it all out and Tmod should be realeasing his CD 6.0 shortly.

Tmods CD6.0 is available for download from the link in the first post.

Please see the first post for additions and update information for CD6.0.

Also please report any problems that you might encounter using this CD.

Thanks and Enjoy!!

Tmod

Back