• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To those upset with the Newegg shipping policies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TankGuys said:
From a UPS standpoint, how does insurance on the package work?

For example, let's say I ship the package to someone, and it is delivered. Then, the customer claims it was stolen or whatever. Can I actually file an insurance claim and have a chance at getting anything back, or does responsibility end with the "Package delivered?"

Just curious how that works.

We have had several times when a customer reports a package not delivered and UPS says it was... Generally what happens is we report it to UPS and they then send the driver who delivered it out to try and recover it.. They either do recover it or send us claim paperwork stating insufficient evidence of delivery.. Only happened a couple times and both orders were $50 or less, they paid up without hassle.

I for one see the policy of requiring signatures as a good one. I never liked that my online orders didn't require a signature - ever since my shady neighbor tried to swipe a $500 order of mine from NewEgg. I had FedEx searching for this 'lost' package which turned out being in my neighbor's living room for nearly a week - and nary a call from my neighbor.

Hello All,

Our condolences first to TankGuys! Newegg does require signatures for all our packages through our contract with UPS and FedEx, however be aware it is completely up to the deliverer whether or not a package will require a signature.

Although we do require signatures in our contracts with these two companies, we still have claims being created for packages that were left at the door and were never received by customers, very inconvenient, however since we do have a demand for signatures on all packages in our contract, it leaves us with a better case against UPS or FedEx in dealing with claims. The reason for this is because UPS and FedEx still leave it to their discretion when it comes to the signature requirement.

If my understanding of the system is correct, many customers have a “Signature Release Waiver” on file with the shipper, which gives the companies authorization to leave packages at their doorstep. Many customers don’t even know they have this waiver since FedEx and UPS (FedEx mostly) keep record from years back and will not remove the release waiver until someone from the residence calls and asks to remove it from their residence. Nor do they know they ever signed a release, if someone every signed that little slip asking to leave the package on the next attempted delivery, that constitutes s signature release on your address permanently until further request to remove it.

Just a little heads up to those who encounter shipping and delivery problems.

Thanks for your time,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up from all you online vendors in this thread. It is an interesting and enlightening thread and I've learned a bit more on what you online e-tailers have to face with fraud and such. :)

hehehe...i, for one, in choosing USPS as my delivery agent know of several impressive cases of Postal Inspectors doing the dirty work for companies. Trust me, it's protection for everyone.

dave

I just monitor the package tracking as best I can (UPS or Fedex) and on the day before I expect a delivery I just leave a note on the door: "UPS/Fedex please deliver". I haven't gotten a door tag yet.

What state did the fraud take place in? I can round up my Texas posse and we can drop by and pay a visit and sip tea and chat. :)

tresmonos said:
UPS drivers only DR in safe neighborhoods and they are supposed to DR in covered areas, i.e. under floor mats, hidden in bushes, etc. In neighborhoods that they have problems, they complete standard, signature deliveries... even if its just ground.

I can vouch for that.

I lived in a rough part of town for a while, and they wouldn't leave food for a starving kid in that part of town. I'm talking felons getting tackled by the police in the back yard while I'm having a smoke rough. (I think I've been on Cops...)

I eventually built up face time with the driver, and after I explained I knew when the package was going to be delivered via tracking, he would set the package on top of the garbage in the garbage can behind the house as we had discussed.

Get to know your driver. A cold drink on a hot day goes a long ways.

UberBlue said:
I can vouch for that.

Get to know your driver. A cold drink on a hot day goes a long ways.

Yeah, especially with UPS. Their trucks aren't air conditioned and they really get hot in the summertime. I'm lucky in that I know both the UPS and Fedex drivers that deliver in my area and it definitely pays off.

maelstromracing said:
What state did the fraud take place in? I can round up my Texas posse and we can drop by and pay a visit and sip tea and chat. :)

Hmm... want to drive to Virginia :cool:

I actually got a scammer arrested a while back... well three actually, it was a ring. I don't let this stuff go, because fraud comes out of MY pocket. I immediately call the local police, give them all the info, and continue to pursue it. There's something very gratifying about putting someone in jail who took you for $1500 :)

TankGuys said:

I actually got a scammer arrested a while back... well three actually, it was a ring. I don't let this stuff go, because fraud comes out of MY pocket. I immediately call the local police, give them all the info, and continue to pursue it. There's something very gratifying about putting someone in jail who took you for $1500 :)

Go get them! You pay for it now and we pay for it later. :(

This has been an interesting thread, seeing the vendors side of things. Thank you.

TankGuys said:

It is satifying as a consumer to see an proactive vendor. My wallet becomes your wallet. So if you look out for yours, mine is safe. :thup:

Yea, our prices on some items are high, but that's because our costs are high. There isn't a thing on our website where we "make" more than $10 on right now. Newegg and such have better volume and thus get lower costs, plus the undercut thier prices to bring people in and sell stuff at a loss, but make up for it selling other stuff at really high prices.

Believe me, Newegg DOES NOT take a loss when they sell anything, seriously.

They buy in such mass bulk it doesn't cost them much. They have numerous warehouses in the US, not sure how many they have in China & Taiwan and they have one in Canada. take a look at the hdmi to hdmi cable 1080p. to buy it from Newegg.ca it's 11.99 but if you buy it from bestbuy or futureshop
(online or instore shopping) it's almost $30 ( sometimes even more then that)

Every year Newegg ( the company as a whole) THROWS AWAY $6,000,00.00
worth ofprofit because it would take too much time to proccess each little item under $25 yes thats right SIX MILLION DOLLARS EVERY YEAR. Thats only a minor % of thier profit. They don't send it back to vendor for credit, as it would cost $ to Process it for recieving( as a return) unpackage it, inspect it, post it, repacage it and ship it to the vendor. In thier warehouse in City of Industry California they have 5 people working on returns. One recieves the packages, one opens the packages, another throws away any insert matrerial.. popcorn, peanuts ( the styrofoam thingys) another inspects the items for carrier or customer damage and another person logs the items. 2% of all items newegg sells, is returned to newegg for various reasons(..mostly because the persons bought the wrong item.) If its under $25 it's logged and tossed in the waste bin and the customer gets a refund. sometimes when the costumer calls Newegg to get a refund on the item ( under$25) they have told the customer to throw it away and they will be refunded the original price ( minus shipping). NO. A company that throws away 6Mill a year is NOT going to take a loss in profits.

Cheers !

:comp:

Ben - How have you been dude? Long time.

I guess this means I will be buying all of my hardware from mom and pops local stores now since I work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. It is physical impossibility for me to direct sign for anything and shipping to my business is a nightmare. This truly does suck.

On another note, I am sorry for your loss dude.

Dom

Long time is right Dom... The new member posting above you bumped a thread that's last post was four years ago.

Newegg bacon i am going to see it that your *** gets banned!! Lol
i totally just got made. Haha

This is news to me, I ordered about 10 items the last two weeks from Newegg of which I had to sign for NOTHING...where does that say on the website or when your order??

I ordered from them... in 2006, after this thread was made and never had to sign then. Not then or since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back