• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We need a Team Captain to organize for the fah competition.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
SEE THIS THREAD Don is our Liaison:

Someone nominate themselves or another. A second aye will confer them.

The Captain will give us the rules (See [H] )and organize...Basically just tell us what to do and we can participate.

I am guessing Mayor Don is busy.

Last edited:
PMed Don. I know 'Hawk has his number so if he doesn't check in by tomorrow we can call him.

Just enough time for us all to order another 4070 Ti... :cheers:

[H] probably has 50 users that only turn their GPU's on for a contest.:rain:

Last edited:
Let me look at the competition parameters this morning and I'll give a thumb up or down. If I'm going to do it, I want to do it right and I can only know that once I understand what's happening here. Let me catch up and then I'll check in.

Guys. I'm waiting for confirmation from [H] to get an account there. In the mean time, I've been reading through the thread that @Holdolin posted.

I'm not seeing much to do. What am I missing? It appears that we just fold like normal and measure the results during a 6 day period. (Over simplification for discussion purposes.)

If that is generally correct, I'll start getting the word out in the weekly newsletter so that we can ramp up for the week in a "super" fasion. That is; more folding temporarily to meet the challenge. As in, I'll risk the *** chewing from my wife to enlist her desktop and such.

Help me make sense of what they are doing.

I'm going to go ahead and mention this in my newsletter that I'm working on now. It'll give the team a chance to think about it and hopefully we can use it as a means to add some "fun" to FAH. We're going to need team buy-in to do it and we are going to do it with either myself, @Holdolin or both of us at the helm. So I will do my part and advertise it in the newsletter.

Guys. I'm waiting for confirmation from [H] to get an account there. In the mean time, I've been reading through the thread that @Holdolin posted.

I'm not seeing much to do. What am I missing? It appears that we just fold like normal and measure the results during a 6 day period. (Over simplification for discussion purposes.)

If that is generally correct, I'll start getting the word out in the weekly newsletter so that we can ramp up for the week in a "super" fasion. That is; more folding temporarily to meet the challenge. As in, I'll risk the *** chewing from my wife to enlist her desktop and such.

Help me make sense of what they are doing.

I'm going to go ahead and mention this in my newsletter that I'm working on now. It'll give the team a chance to think about it and hopefully we can use it as a means to add some "fun" to FAH. We're going to need team buy-in to do it and we are going to do it with either myself, @Holdolin or both of us at the helm. So I will do my part and advertise it in the newsletter.
If you're missing something I am too. I read the thread a couple times and it seems pretty straight fwd. Then again I've been awake about 5 ins now and there is still waay to much blood in my coffee stream lol

Okay guys. I have officially asked the [H] for details to join the race. Quoted below.

"Hello. Introduction:
My name is Don and I use the same screen name of don256us at the overclockers.com forums. I'm not sure that I'm the captain but I will be happy to serve as a single point of contact for our team.

I have been asked to express an interest in joining the fun of a race on behalf of our team, T32 (overclockers.com). Please let me know what we need to do to join in. We are a team that believes in friendly competition with our sister teams and we also feel that competitions like this can help spur interest from other forum members on the fence about F@H. Anything that we can do to spark interest and have fun while folding is a positive thing on our end.

For reference, my folding name was don256us and is currently don256us_ALL_1LWUMMFQmLgno74BvRHM36PcjWWrZ5WwFZ"

Looking at the above text, I realize that spell check did not work well for me on thier forums. I'll go back and edit so we don't look like idiots. Or... now hear me out... maybe we let them think we're idiots... no no. That won't do. I'll edit.

Note: I also fixed the text above so you guys will have no reference of what I'm saying. Oh the fun in that. Perhaps I need more blood in my whiskey stream. Totaly new joke that I just invented. I didn't steal it nor nothin'. :escape:
Edit: Dang. Not only did I steal the joke but I messed it up too. I give it back.

Last edited:
What is involved?
Right now, it doesn't seem to be much. I'll await the [H] to fill me in and then I'll create a post with more information. It may be as simple as: create a list of teammates and monitor their progress for a week. I'm not sure how that metric will be manipulated to even things out or whatever. Right now I'm just playing it lose until I know more.

Stay tuned.

Back