• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Team Challenge Has Been Brought! What will we do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well. I had an issue that occured at the exact latest that it could and not interfere with my production for the race. Turns out my 2.5 year old UPS went bad. 1500VA too. Only had my networking gear on it. Not taxed at all. I put in for warranty repair so we'll see how that goes. In the mean time, I plugged all of my gear directly into the wall and got most of everything working. I should be 100% by morning. I'm in.

So...... 4090 (part-time, maybe 10-12M)

....4060 Ti, 3070 (12-13M on one PC)

and a 2080 Super (part-time, borg'd my son's PC in the basement, lol).

I think that's somewhere around 30M PPD with ~ 1100W. LFG!

Goal... let's see that 30M in a day........ :attn: :rock: :borg::muahaha:

EDIT: And it's holding at 29C in my office with the door open. Ha!

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, then you can have F@H running when you play most games (excluding maybe some the most demanding). It will be slower, but shared performance is still pretty good. For the last week, I'm folding on my gaming PC with RTX4070 set to 80% power limit. Typically it's 9M PPD, and when I run games then it still shows ~2.5-3M PPD.
That 9M PPD is at about ~150W max reported in hwinfo64.
RTX4080 at stock has ~20M PPD. I will probably run it when I get back from work, but I have to play with power limits and balance heat and noise.

High 40s/low 50s for me this week. Guess I can turn the heating off. :)

Server is in the garage so getting exceptionally cool air. I've added the new TR (7970x) along with a 1650ti and a 750ti as why not. Dunno how much I'll get out of that yet but we'll see. For those in the UK, I'm following the Tesco motto.

Unfortunately, the remote client is being a pita and not connecting to a couple boxes so I can't at-a-glance see what I'm doing.

If anyone is interested, then you can have F@H running when you play most games (excluding maybe some the most demanding). It will be slower, but shared performance is still pretty good. For the last week, I'm folding on my gaming PC with RTX4070 set to 80% power limit. Typically it's 9M PPD, and when I run games then it still shows ~2.5-3M PPD.
That 9M PPD is at about ~150W max reported in hwinfo64.
RTX4080 at stock has ~20M PPD. I will probably run it when I get back from work, but I have to play with power limits and balance heat and noise.
BG3 and EA Pga both crash if I do not pause fah...The odder issue is that on BG3 fah never really recovers and I end up finishing a work unit the next day and reinstalling fah to get to perform fully...This may just be my system tho as there is no reason this should happen and I always quit all tasks running in background relating to Steam and or games...such as EA background service.

Anyway I see MC has the new 4070 Ti's Supers and plenty in stock as of this morn (Opens at 10am) so by the 3PM update hopefully I'll be out producing our pal 'Hawk to light a fire under the old man...(Don't tell him tho as he says I am dreaming...) :sn: I'm Fully WOKE 'Hawk..:coffee:;)

Ti Super still is not listed in Nvidia's drivers... :unsure: Let alone Ubuntu, counting on the newest version released for the vanilla Super to work. I also think in the coming months driver updates will help with performance as they should perform better than they are. Going by the benching released last night.

Last edited:
BG3 and EA Pga both crash if I do not pause fah...The odder issue is that on BG3 fah never really recovers and I end up finishing a work unit the next day and reinstalling fah to get to perform fully...This may just be my system tho as there is no reason this should happen and I always quit all tasks running in background relating to Steam and or games...such as EA background service.

I was checking Black Desert Online active or minimized (uses 3D too) and Civilization 6 active and F@H shows 3M PPD. It's like BDO runs 24/7, F@H runs 24/7 and I add something more for 1-2h daily.

I just added RTX4080. When I figure out where to connect them, then I add RTX3060 and RTX3070.

I do play Civ VI and Total War: Shogun II a lot. I mean a lot. Over the weekend, I will leave them (only the one I'm playing. Not both.) running all day and night. I do have a noticable hit on my 3060 and 3080 LHR cards. They do share but F@H takes a hit. Enough of a hit that I will greatly reduce my game time this week for the race. Maybe I'll do stuff from my "Honey Do" list. I have projects.

Back