• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toldja the PSP-lite was coming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
humm...now all it needs are good games....PSP was never a bad design thats not why it isn't selling...DS lite was needed because the first looked like a beta version they shipped......but PSP always seemed well designed except for the thumb stick thing'y which I heard was not all that great.

ZOMG! i swear, i'm going to do EVERYTHING possible to get ahold of the Darth Vader White PSP!

i was going to get another PSP here eventually anyways, due to Final Fantasy Tactics being re-released on the PSP, along with Crisis Core. And hell, even get a StarWars game with it!

Good thing i didn't buy one yet, but now i know when i'll be getting one!

Oni said:
I like how they gave it the nice white DS-Lite finish. That's classy, Sony. Real classy.

in all fairness, one could say nintendo stole the idea from apple first.

That, and white is the natural 1st idea that comes to most people, when there are constant complaints about the black PSP showing finger prints SO damn well.

but nintendo doesn't have a DS with Dart Vader printed on the back of one of their units! Yeah...i know...its sad...i'm gonna drop 200 bucks so i can get a permanent decal on a white PSP ( well, and a game that comes with the collectors edition ). But i'd rather have the White PSP, just like how i won't go to the Black DS. I used to own a PSP. and the glossy black looks like SH*T due to the fact that glossy black shows finger prints SO well.

The glossy black PS3 looks like **** too. It is a dust and lint magnet. The white on the 360 and Wii stays clean looking, but I have to dust the PS3 every other day.

Why is it more expensive? I certainly don't like that. I know it's a bigger screen. But it's like a total of an inch square extra. Not sure the $30 premium is justified over the original PSP. I think they should add another analog stick to make FPS's bearable instead of a slightly larger screen. May be worth it after another inevitable price drop from Sony in 3 or 4 months.

Burninate said:
Why is it more expensive? I certainly don't like that. I know it's a bigger screen. But it's like a total of an inch square extra. Not sure the $30 premium is justified over the original PSP. I think they should add another analog stick to make FPS's bearable instead of a slightly larger screen. May be worth it after another inevitable price drop from Sony in 3 or 4 months.

I think they added more RAM, and now it's got Video Out, too. It's also got a more efficient UMD reader for quicker loading times.

Personally, I still don't think it's worth it. Kind of a too little, too late type of thing, y'know?

wtf it looks exactly the same as the current one. I see no difference other then darth vader on one of them. they also seem to be exactly the same size as the last one without compairison pics, at least to me.

Last edited:
finally they revise the psp and i like the new additions but my only complaint is Wireless B?
why not at least put Wireless G or add a little more $$$ and put on Wireless N?

EmAn said:
finally they revise the psp and i like the new additions but my only complaint is Wireless B?
why not at least put Wireless G or add a little more $$$ and put on Wireless N?

Because G and N consume more energy for bandwith that the PSP won't even be using. Nobody's downloading 10 gig files onto the PSP because the PSP doesn't have ten gigs of space. Most PDAs even still feature Wireless B. Why would the PSP have G and N? What purpose would they serve?

Longer range maybe... But I haven't had any problems with range and my PSP.

I think they should've gone ahead and given the thing 8 gigs of internal disk space like some people were kicking around... Damned if I know what they'd do with the space... they barely have anybody making games for the system as is... But at least it would be there.

iirc wireless B has longer randge than G. All thought N will have longer range than B, but N isn't in final production yet.

Doesn't really matter. The handheld market sucks right now. Only good games are for the F'N gameboy advance.

Phoenix Wright 4 has been out in Japan for MONTHS now. How long does it take to translate a friggin' TEXT game?!? I speak Japanese, English, and French... Put ME on the translation team. Get things hummin!

I wonder if they've homebrew proofed these.

My psp has become almost invaluable now that I play all my playstation games on it....And 8-16 bit games as well. I'm not lookin for a new awesome gaming experience on a handheld, just something to have fun with.

Tyranos said:
I wonder if they've homebrew proofed these.

My psp has become almost invaluable now that I play all my playstation games on it....And 8-16 bit games as well. I'm not lookin for a new awesome gaming experience on a handheld, just something to have fun with.

Thats something to consider too. Homebrew is way to sweet to give up for the upgrade, but someone is bound to crack it eventually.

That reminds me, I just got a 2 gig card that needs to be filled:drool:

OC Noob said:
Thats something to consider too. Homebrew is way to sweet to give up for the upgrade, but someone is bound to crack it eventually.

That reminds me, I just got a 2 gig card that needs to be filled:drool:

I've got a two gig card as well... and nothing to fill it with. Maybe I ought to try some old school RPGs or something. I was thinking about just selling the thing or returning it to Walmart... since it's unopened.

rainless said:
I've got a two gig card as well... and nothing to fill it with. Maybe I ought to try some old school RPGs or something. I was thinking about just selling the thing or returning it to Walmart... since it's unopened.

If you have any PS1 games lying around that you want to play, those will fill it up quick or movies. Other then that most stuff is pretty small for file size.

Back